• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New antenna from Sirio Gain-Master

I just put up a new sirio gainmaster for a crippled freind a couple days ago . Its was replacing a 1/4 wave astro plane antenna so i new there would be an improvement . But WOW ! its much stronger ! from 6 s units to 15 db on my old mark III browning . an a99 and a imax 2000 in the same neighborhood at similur hights and power levels are not even close to the gainmasters signal. I do have one complaint with the gainmaster antenna . the orange coax from the bottom section was bent or kinked REAL badly ! simular to coax being pinched in a door ! this is from them bending it over and tucking the end back into the bottom section . This realy botherd me and if it was mine and going up here at my qth i would have returned it for another If there not all this way !

I just put up a new sirio gainmaster for a crippled freind a couple days ago . Its was replacing a 1/4 wave astro plane antenna so i new there would be an improvement . But WOW ! its much stronger ! from 6 s units to 15 db on my old mark III browning . an a99 and a imax 2000 in the same neighborhood at similur hights and power levels are not even close to the gainmasters signal. I do have one complaint with the gainmaster antenna . the orange coax from the bottom section was bent or kinked REAL badly ! simular to coax being pinched in a door ! this is from them bending it over and tucking the end back into the bottom section . This realy botherd me and if it was mine and going up here at my qth i would have returned it for another If there not all this way !

Yep, that's the way mine was, too.

I was so curious to see what improvement it might make, even with the bad coax, I decided to simply squeeze it 90° from the bend and got it to be basically round again, albeit I have no confidence it will now handle the full power Sirio claim.
I my still email Sirio, I just have been enjoying it enough to leave it up for a few months, since Dec.1.

Did you also upgrade his coax, or solder a new connector(s)? The increase you mention is uncanny, and hard to believe could be gained form going from a 'good working' antenna of any design to any other, except maybe a 10 element Quad.

Perhaps his A/P was having some issues?

Yep, that's the way mine was, too.

I was so curious to see what improvement it might make, even with the bad coax, I decided to simply squeeze it 90° from the bend and got it to be basically round again, albeit I have no confidence it will now handle the full power Sirio claim.
I my still email Sirio, I just have been enjoying it enough to leave it up for a few months, since Dec.1.

Did you also upgrade his coax, or solder a new connector(s)? The increase you mention is uncanny, and hard to believe could be gained form going from a 'good working' antenna of any design to any other, except maybe a 10 element Quad.

Perhaps his A/P was having some issues?

That's what I'm thinking and he just did his friend a favor by pulling the dinosaur down.

Well this should be interesting..if you can read swedish you will find this interesting.
Enjoy DAN

27mhz.se • Visa tråd - Sirio Gain-Master Vs Mr Coily 64 Enforcer

I used the translator but pictures tell it all and it says that moron doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

file.php

file.php

file.php

thats some funny shit,
the sad part is some people will believe what he is saying, the clown thinks the choke is a loading coil, he has 4 antennas up at the same time, looks more like a 4square array than an antenna test:sad:

Well he sure has a nice radio room so i am sure he could not tell..lol..anyhow just thought you would like to see how it performs against the best.Well you guys are so anti anyway he has done tests with all the differant antennaS in the same spot so anyhow it dont really matter does it.her is a pic of his radio room kinda says it all pictures sure do tell the tale.
http://www.angelfire.com/psy/mrcoily/52b0bca0.gif

See you all next time

Last edited:
Well he sure has a nice radio room so i am sure he could not tell..lol..anyhow just thought you would like to see how it performs against the best.Well you guys are so anti anyway he has done tests with all the differant antennaS in the same spot so anyhow it dont really matter does it.her is a pic of his radio room kinda says it all pictures sure do tell the tale.

See you all next time

Not anti, just realists. Radio room looks neat but it doesnt make his antenna test better.

Cool beans..but he is not using a 29ltd to do his test, i am sure he knows exactly what every antennas does compared to the each being they are all mounted the same spot pretty close,, i know i could tell i am sure you could to but its just another test its all good..Cheers

See you all next time

Ain't much of a radio room, hell he ain't got no D-104's anywhere.

a room full of gear has nothing to do with a guys knowledge, it tells me he has more money to waste than brains to use the gear correctly,
anybody that has half a clue about radio knows what hes doing wrong and why his tests are meaningless,
comparing the .64's coil to the gm choke is dumbass radio at its finest,
he can't even read and understand sirio's adverts, a warehouse full of equipment won't fix a dumbass,

im not anti coily dan and you know it, i agree some people are and most of those are as dumb as a box of rocks too,
i like the .64 as far as groundplanes go but a 5/8 or .64 will never be the best
vertical omni.

Oh yeah the audio ball/CAP HAT..The funny thing is you think it does nothing..have fun with that booty...ARRL its all there.....You know i went seattle this year..i beat every coil there! With my cap hatS 2 final round 8 and 16 against sticks twice as tall and you can hear me in there in the finals.....3 years come on booty you can do better see you in 3 more kinda busy building them Cap hats seems i just cant get enough done. Listen guys believe what ever you wish, i just read books.its all comon knowledge..Lifes short live well play hard...and booty Have fun out there.

1/4 wave = 32-33 deg
1/2 wave = 24-25 deg
5/8 wave 17-18 deg
.64 wave 14-15 deg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.