• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New antenna from Sirio Gain-Master

a room full of gear has nothing to do with a guys knowledge, it tells me he has more money to waste than brains to use the gear correctly,
anybody that has half a clue about radio knows what hes doing wrong and why his tests are meaningless,
comparing the .64's coil to the gm choke is dumbass radio at its finest,
he can't even read and understand sirio's adverts, a warehouse full of equipment won't fix a dumbass,

im not anti coily dan and you know it, i agree some people are and most of those are as dumb as a box of rocks too,
i like the .64 as far as groundplanes go but a 5/8 or .64 will never be the best
vertical omni.

I know bob your as cool as they get..i am a builder who actually goes on the forums..does any others ..no ..we are easy targets..73sss I dont reall worry much about it peace..bed time have to go..73ss Bob...Hows that old coily doing let me know if you ned a rebuild.

If he knew what the elevation angle of the primary lobe was on the GM, he be shocked to see it beats the crap out of his .64 wave. "Builders" that mistake chokes for loading or matching coils are machinists who use their metal skills to make antennas they don't understand. There is no shortage of that online.

I MAY LOVE A .64 BUT I HATE BAD TESTS!!

Oh yeah the audio ball/CAP HAT..The funny thing is you think it does nothing..have fun with that booty...ARRL its all there.....You know i went seattle this year..i beat every coil there! With my cap hatS 2 final round 8 and 16 against sticks twice as tall and you can hear me in there in the finals.....3 years come on booty you can do better see you in 3 more kinda busy building them Cap hats seems i just cant get enough done. Listen guys believe what ever you wish, i just read books.its all comon knowledge..Lifes short live well play hard...and booty Have fun out there.

1/4 wave = 32-33 deg
1/2 wave = 24-25 deg
5/8 wave 17-18 deg
.64 wave 14-15 deg
[ P-500 = 9°-12° (due to it's elevated radials)
Sirio Gain Master = ]

Dan, we've never spoken but if you've read any of my posts you'll know I'm a .64λ fan from waaaay back. I bought my 1st Penetrator 500 .64λ in 1975 and still have it.

Yes it's been cleaned several times over the years and now I use Nolox so I don't have to worry about aluminum oxide build up, so my test simply shows exactly what Sirio claim, and there's no way that Swedish test could ever be valid.

If I were him I'd try it all by itself up there, and hopefully at least 18' above anything metallic such as non-insulated guy wire, roofing, etc...

Even if in his limited space he needs to have several antennas in close proximity, (and at that point the SGM is NOT the right antenna for him) at least ask him to try a fair test and try each alone up top, and on the same mast / coax.
- Only then will he know how well the SGM can perform, otherwise it's misleading as hell and makes you look desperate for sales.

The Sirio Gain Master is a balanced antenna and responds negatively to anything within a ½λ or so under or around it, so if someone must have several antennas in close proximity the Sirio Gain Master is NOT the antenna for them.

In fact here at my home it showed about 2 s-units loss on my Icom analog meter compared to the Penetrator which was ½λ away from the SGM until I simply lowered the Penetrator down and out of the near field of the Gain Master, then the SGM showed a full 1S-unit over the Imax 2000 & about ½ S-unit over the Penetrator, (although that test wasn't using the SGM on the same mast as the Penetrator, it was on the Imax mast and soundly beat it, as well as the Penetrator).

Once the SGM was on the Penetrator mast I saw about the same improvement on TX, ~½ S-unit, but receive provided close to a full S-unit gain over the Penetrator!

I've never found an antenna that will outperform the Penetrator500 .64 until now, and that includes the ice cream cone(coaxial)J-pole; Larry's LW-150.
- Oh, and I'll wager the Penetrator & Enforcer are more neck-n-neck than different, with the possibility the Penetrator will slightly outperform the Enforcer due to it's elevated radials slicing off some of the unwanted inverse current from the bottom 1/8λ.

Please have him retest, not just for his credibility but also for yours, and even if your Enforcer loses by a little, (as it should if the SGM is 'alone in the sky') please remember, it's only a 500w-1Kw pep antenna, yours still handles many, many times the power and should only be down in comparison to the SGM with <1kw about a dB or two.

"Swedish to English translation

Good job, nice to have a real test. : bravo: "

doh.gif

yeah ok..desperate i wish,i dont post for desperation what are you serious..listen i am only posting a gainmster test..see it as you wish..my computer programs tell me all i need to know as so do all the test and costomer comments..as i figured this would be interesting and as you all can see already you guys jump at the chance..bye bye have a good one.
Thanks BOB Good to know its still doing it.......Homer hello..still reading but very little time to play online...you all have fun very busy so see youball next time..

yeah ok..desperate i wish,i dont post for desperation what are you serious..listen i am only posting a gainmster test..see it as you wish..my computer programs tell me all i need to know as so do all the test and costomer comments..as i figured this would be interesting and as you all can see already you guys jump at the chance..bye bye have a good one.
Thanks BOB Good to know its still doing it.......Homer hello..still reading but very little time to play online...you all have fun very busy so see youball next time..

That was no more a test of the true performance of the Sirio Gain Master than would be testing a dragster by driving it in the rain through town to buy groceries.
I can hear it now, "No place to put the bags of groceries and terrible traction & handling, a total failure".
hubbahubba.gif

And I didn't know you had a superior testing facility compared to Sirio.
anniem1.gif

Last edited:
I know bob your as cool as they get..i am a builder who actually goes on the forums..does any others ..no ..we are easy targets..73sss I dont reall worry much about it peace..bed time have to go..73ss Bob...Hows that old coily doing let me know if you ned a rebuild.

That's AMPOWER'S thought precess also.:pop:

Oh yeah the audio ball/CAP HAT..The funny thing is you think it does nothing..have fun with that booty...ARRL its all there.....You know i went seattle this year..i beat every coil there! With my cap hatS 2 final round 8 and 16 against sticks twice as tall and you can hear me in there in the finals.....3 years come on booty you can do better see you in 3 more kinda busy building them Cap hats seems i just cant get enough done. Listen guys believe what ever you wish, i just read books.its all comon knowledge..Lifes short live well play hard...and booty Have fun out there.

1/4 wave = 32-33 deg
1/2 wave = 24-25 deg
5/8 wave 17-18 deg
.64 wave 14-15 deg

I love it when you and kale come out here preaching that you read the Arrl Book, you first have to understand what it is saying reading it does no good.

Then you make a post that contradicts what you read in the book. You just said longer wave beats shorter, yet somehow your magic cap hats are doing something for audio? LOL it is called a corona ball they have nothing to do with your audio, unles you put something up there with a little size it isnt even adding any capacitance. Yet you supposedly in a keydown took a shorter antenna and beat longer ones? What happened to Longer beats shorter? Oh thats right the audio balls put you on top. LOL. You would get destroyed on the East Coast in a keydown, the West Coast is far behind in that area.

Since it is all common knowledge can you point us to a page , paragraph or sentence that say capacitance hats add audio? We will be waiting

You know what Ill probably be banned for this but you and kale are the biggest jackasses to hit the CB market. You are a glorified machinist with little to no antenna knoweldege, go read all the books you want they arent sinking in, quit looking at the pretty pictures. Your idiotic double coil antenna, triple coil antennas are a joke... What page are they on in the book? Can we see a computer model of one of them? you know the one you keep bragging about using or the book you keep reading. Wow your enforcer looks just like a Sirio antenna what page was that on in the book.

You can go on other forums and get away with that crap but not here Dan/ Mr Coily but the people on here have you pegged and have more knowledge than you and kale put together. Go back to your lathe your gonna get destroyed out here when it comes to technical talk as noticed you run and hide when it gets technical, always oh Im too busy yet somehow you make another 3 or 4 posts Yeah real busy . :headbang:headbang:headbang

Part of Forum Rules...

Inappropriate Behavior
• DO NOT Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about WorldWideDX, its moderators and administrators, or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS
• WorldWideDX believes in integrity and respects what other forums have to offer. Because we realize members of WorldWideDX may also be members of other forums, do not try to degrade or discredit other forums, their administrators and moderators, or their members. This includes slander and other offensive comments.

I think the "elevated radials" on antennas like the Penetrator are being misunderstood as technical advantages rather then the mechanical ones the antennas mounting bracket was designed to address. This has to do with removing mechanical stress on the insulator and does not make any noticeable changes in gain or TOA.

That bracket that holds the radials is made this way to give support to the insulator. It is also grounded and closely spaced in parallel with the first foot or so of the radiator. Sounds like no antenna action is taking place here. That combined with the fact this insulator adds no significant capacitance like overlapping tubes with an insulator between, is why this antenna tunes longer.

This type of mounting bracket was very common on antennas ranging from the high end Penetrator all the way down to the $9.99 1/2 wave Polecat from Copper Electronics back in the day. The manufacturers knew why they did this and never implied the bracket improved performance. Also remember they only market .64 wavelength antennas to CBers for a reason.

Reactions: Needle Bender

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.