• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New antenna from Sirio Gain-Master

I know bob your as cool as they get..i am a builder who actually goes on the forums..does any others ..no ..we are easy targets..73sss I dont reall worry much about it peace..bed time have to go..73ss Bob...Hows that old coily doing let me know if you ned a rebuild.

going on forums doesn't make any builder an easy target, spouting bull technical theory in the presence of people who HAVE got a clue about antenna theory is what makes you an easy target.

you can read every book ever wrote about antenna theory and never learn anything, if you can't interpret properly the information the writer is trying to convey. theres no shortage of interpretation inability on cb forums worldwide.

as for tests with antennas next to each other, what can i say, if your a knowledgeable antenna guy you would know that any "results" from such a test are meaningless, like nearly every test done so far on this antenna.

as for having a room full of gear being support for a duff test, hmmm, "all the gear and no idea" springs to mind. any halfwit with money can buy loads of gear, knowing how to use that gear to its maximum potential, now thats a whole different kettle of fish.

@mr Coily:

1/4 wave = 32-33 deg
1/2 wave = 24-25 deg
5/8 wave 17-18 deg
.64 wave 14-15 deg

Im afraid that is not correct

It will depend on heigth above ground, groundconductivity.
feedpoint position, and in a way..radials (mostly the angle of these).

But, if we took away all those variables and made them all with a perfect amount of radials, the antennas "sitting" at ground level and with average groundconditions.
It would still be not rigth !
Just for the plain fact the numbers are inaccurate, in no-mather what way you would see them.

Dont worry about beeing a "manufacturer"
Thats the same for me, aswell as for example :"shockwave"..and perhaps several others.
So dont be shy!, jump in and share!

Its actually a wise thing to set your knowledge on the forum!
And share where perhaps I or someone else is missing something!
Ill be the first to tell i dont know all about antennas..by far!...

Dont forget...a good way to gain wisdome is to make mistakes
Me personally...pritty good at making those...

Kind regards,

Henry
11 meter Dx antenna systemx

@mr Coily:

the best bit of free advice you'll get on any cb forum !!!

only an idiot doesn't learn from his own mistakes, but a real smart person not only learns from their own mistakes but from others mistakes too.

Part of Forum Rules...

Inappropriate Behavior
• DO NOT Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about WorldWideDX, its moderators and administrators, or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS
• WorldWideDX believes in integrity and respects what other forums have to offer. Because we realize members of WorldWideDX may also be members of other forums, do not try to degrade or discredit other forums, their administrators and moderators, or their members. This includes slander and other offensive comments.

Are you a Admin? If not i could give 2 shits what you have to say. I said I might get banned for it and I will take my chances.

Last edited:
@mr Coily:

1/4 wave = 32-33 deg
1/2 wave = 24-25 deg
5/8 wave 17-18 deg
.64 wave 14-15 deg

Im afraid that is not correct

It will depend on heigth above ground, groundconductivity.
feedpoint position, and in a way..radials (mostly the angle of these).

But, if we took away all those variables and made them all with a perfect amount of radials, the antennas "sitting" at ground level and with average groundconditions.
It would still be not rigth !
Just for the plain fact the numbers are inaccurate, in no-mather what way you would see them.

Dont worry about beeing a "manufacturer"
Thats the same for me, aswell as for example :"shockwave"..and perhaps several others.
So dont be shy!, jump in and share!

Its actually a wise thing to set your knowledge on the forum!
And share where perhaps I or someone else is missing something!
Ill be the first to tell i dont know all about antennas..by far!...

Kind regards,

Henry
11 meter Dx antenna systemx

Henry henry henry, you can't tell him he is wrong he read the ARRL book :confused: and keeps talking about some computer program he has that no one else must have. Perhaps he will share his wealth of knowledge to the good people of this forum, but don't hold your breath you may not live long enuff to see it. These machinist need people to somehow believe they know what they are doing... Funny that enforcer looks all most identical to another antenna on the market, and i dont see it in the ARRL book.

now you guys are starting to get it..eventually you will get the point..theres so many differant conditions ...73sss

Guess your not busy today, perhaps you can answer some questions put forth to you so you can impress us with your antenna prowess. :pop:

the best bit of free advice . . . learn . . . a real smart person . . . learns . . .

If nothing else, one thing I'm learning is never gobble at a turkey shoot. :eek:

images

I think the "elevated radials" on antennas like the Penetrator are being misunderstood as technical advantages rather then the mechanical ones the antennas mounting bracket was designed to address. This has to do with removing mechanical stress on the insulator and does not make any noticeable changes in gain or TOA.

That bracket that holds the radials is made this way to give support to the insulator. It is also grounded and closely spaced in parallel with the first foot or so of the radiator. Sounds like no antenna action is taking place here. That combined with the fact this insulator adds no significant capacitance like overlapping tubes with an insulator between, is why this antenna tunes longer.

This type of mounting bracket was very common on antennas ranging from the high end Penetrator all the way down to the $9.99 1/2 wave Polecat from Copper Electronics back in the day. The manufacturers knew why they did this and never implied the bracket improved performance. Also remember they only market .64 wavelength antennas to CBers for a reason.

Really, is that what you think? Well, I think you like making things up, maybe just to bait me. ;)

There at the end you actually answer yourself and in doing so, contradict yourself.
Of course manufacturers weren't going into deep current node detail in advertising, 'remember they only market to CBers...'.

- Oh but I did get your slam of the .64, as if it doesn't work, or is inferior to the 5/8, or perhaps you meant that over ½ of a foot in length just doesn't matter... Uh huh. Sure. You bet. Yet you stress Sirio having gotten exactly the perfect placement in inches for the utmost in radiating excellence... Where are my boots@!

Actually I'm a little surprised you don't already have this knowledge of the fact of the elevated radials nullifying some of the highest inverse current bloom through downward redirection, you being an antenna designer and all...
-But in essence you're correct, even if you don't realize it.

There is, in a sense, "no antenna action taking place here" because Hy-gain designed the bottom of the 1/8λ inverse current part of the radiator in such a way it doesn't radiate detrimentally to the upper ½λ of the .64λ radiator, and it's at the bottom of the radiator where the inverse current is highest.

- And there is no "Rather than" about it, it's both.

So, once again you misrepresent my posts to imply that I stated or implied something I have not. Your arguments appear to be continuously based on both conjecture and misinformation via misrepresentation.

Never have I stated that a "MOUNTING BRACKET" could improve performance.

Now your just being silly, Donald.

However, ingeniously mounting radials in such a manner so as to provide an elevated ground plane above the highest inverse current of the radiator bottom, splitting off the inverse current while ALSO adding strength to the design, was what put Hy-gain at the top of the antenna designers.

There is nothing about using this type of construction which precludes the lower part of the radiating radiator from radiating, that's truly one of the silliest things I've read so far. It's simply nullified by the radials.

There is no 'mutual exclusivity' in either utilizing a strong radial bracket or radiating the entire length of the radiating radiator. The two coexist quite effectively, and evidently without your understanding how.

The Hy-gain CLR-2 and Silver Rod radial mounting brackets are also designed in such a manner and happen to sport the same length radiators as all other loaded, shortened 5/8λ, and other ½λ antennas, respectively.

This new 'non-radiating-radiator' theory of yours is as flawed as is your imagining & proffering such silliness as your 'theory' that

four ½" pieces of Vector basket/cone radial tubing

in an average circumference of 48"

providing less than 5% shield coverage

can somehow, miraculously, mysteriously, amazingly,

provide 100% shielding of the inner radiator while supposedly not utilizing any radiating current to cancel the inverse current of the bottom inner ¼λ of the Vector/Sigma/LW-150 design.

Anyone want some new Shockwave brand 5% shield Vector style coax?
huh.gif
- Just kidding of course...

I threw away a like-new 75' length of 90% shield coax years ago because it leaked enough to bother the neighborhood with RFI.

I replaced it with 100% shield LMR400 and problem solved.

- I can imagine how well the coax would radiate, even with it's "coaxial transmission line function", at a whopping 5% shield coverage...
rlleyes.gif

Thank you for those two real good laughs! - Keep up the fantasizing, it's becoming quite amusing. :)
icon14.gif

Last edited:
actually on my cell today.that why posts are little and i will wait to post again when i start pumping my yagis out 73sss to all and to all a good night.

you can pop in to tell us you are on the cell yet you cant pop in to answer the question... Thanks kale appreciate it.

Henry henry henry, you can't tell him he is wrong he read the ARRL book :confused: and keeps talking about some computer program he has that no one else must have. Perhaps he will share his wealth of knowledge to the good people of this forum, but don't hold your breath you may not live long enuff to see it. These machinist need people to somehow believe they know what they are doing... Funny that enforcer looks all most identical to another antenna on the market, and i dont see it in the ARRL book.

are you referring to the tornado ?

http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-antennas/27129-sirio-27-tornado-base-antenna-2.html
http://www.angelfire.com/psy/mrcoily/id10.htm
DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.