• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Base setup ordered(opinions please)

Feb 4, 2015
Galaxy 2517dx with a Electrovoice re20 studio mic, Behringer xenyx 1202fx audio mixer,Imax 2000 and a couple of other small handheld mics...Ive got everything set and in order to run the mic.ohh and a dosy meter.anything im leaving out?

Make sure the 2517 is aligned an tuned properly sometimes new radios tend to be off a bit right out of the box .IMO Make sure you ground your antenna lots of good info on here about grounding .And decent coax is a must . Ps : I currently run an A-99 and after Joining this forum I won't have another , lots of better antenna's out there ! But then again that's just my opinion . Good Luck have fun an welcome to the forum .

Make sure the 2517 is aligned an tuned properly sometimes new radios tend to be off a bit right out of the box .IMO Make sure you ground your antenna lots of good info on here about grounding .And decent coax is a must . Ps : I currently run an A-99 and after Joining this forum I won't have another , lots of better antenna's out there ! But then again that's just my opinion . Good Luck have fun an welcome to the forum .
yeah ive got 3 8ft copper grounds ready to go for ground, im really excited and ty for the reply

Reactions: 357magnum
Good coax, connextors, and don't tweak the radio to get every last watt. I have to agree with 357, you may want to have the radio tuned and aligned by a good tech that has the proper tools and equipment to do it. JMHO. Good day.

Reactions: 357magnum
And by tweaked and aligned we mean mostly on RX and making sure that the TX is to spec, not trying to eek every last drop out of it. Make sure you make that last point to the person you entrust to do it as they're used to people wanting the max power, cleanliness of TX signal be damned.

Ive had 3 radios over the years from them and really done a fine job, hopefully withthe electrovoice re20 will make it sound unique

I hope that radio doesn't end up sounding like motormouth maul's crappy audio.
I'm honestly going for a broadcast sound, but yes i do agree his is really annoying only because he's running atleast 20,000watts and i found that out today

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.