• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Cobra 29 Am/Fm

press the ch selector to change modes? hahahaha that's just ridiculous. but lets keep the useless delta tune control on there. i guarantee the selector will be some cheap, wobbly, fragile encoder type that will skip channels when turned and not work when pushed half the time. cobra is just lost and have no clue already.

Reactions: Holydvr and Dmans
useless delta tune control
+1 on the delta tune. Useless since the 23 channel crystal days.

I have picked up a few cheap (and I mean $20.00 or less) 40 channel rigs from e-bay and change the useless delta tune controls to RF Gain controls. Most are PLL02A models and usually require a mic cord repair or some other silly reason they were shelved.

David

press the ch selector to change modes? hahahaha that's just ridiculous. but lets keep the useless delta tune control on there. i guarantee the selector will be some cheap, wobbly, fragile encoder type that will skip channels when turned and not work when pushed half the time. cobra is just lost and have no clue already.
Delta tune is a great place for channel kit selectors, rf power variable and the much hated echo board(just try to get a radio check on I40 without one.) But I dont like the encoder I would have prefered to lose the channel 9 switch.

its all gossip anyway. there is nothing on the cobra website about it, no statements released about it from cobra, and they said in a return email to me "we have no intentions of releasing any mobile fm cb radios at this time". so, like i said in my earlier post, cobra is a joke now and they should just pack it up and call it quits.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
They have them shown here.

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.