• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base New Imax wont tune 11m....this sucks

I just returned 2 Imax's to Amazon.
I thought amazon might have a better quailty than Ebay.
They weren't cracked but they tuned worse than the one I got now.

I put my mfj right to the base of the antenna with a male pl259 barrel connector.
I heard DAS Inc. / DAS Road-Pro bought them out.

shame

IMG_4420.JPG

Reactions: 357magnum
dsc00374_small_434.jpg

I bought a new IMAX 2000 in 2016 it worked fine out of the box. A friend of mine was in need of a antenna so I sold it to him.
Then I bought another new IMAX 2000 in 2018 and it is still working just fine on my tower.
I also have a Sirio sy27-4 mounted a few feet below it.
Very happy with that as well.

If you are buying them (Imax 2000 ect) with Amazon Prime I would continue sending them back until you get one that is working properly.
I don't think Amazon really cares about returning items they just want your business none the less.

I will say the Parent company that owns the Imax 2000 brand does not answer phone calls or answer emails.
Not very good customer service.

I climbed the antenna again today and adjusted both rings to the top to get a 1.4 on CH38
For some reason before with 1 ring up, 1 ring down it was a good match but not getting out good.
Now with both up, it seems to talk better according to radio checks.
I've never had so much trouble with an antenna.
This is tuning right at the base of the antenna with a mfj259.
My X is at 12 though now on the LP100a

Reactions: 357magnum
This post has been around a bit & I probably already said it , I've had a few A-99's " Never " touched a ring ? But now I hear they are junk , Sooo ... ?

Reactions: S&W357
543 , :LOL: I had the same problem w/ a connector , 1 strand of braid on the coax caused me a lot of grief ! My eye's are not that good any longer so I used a magnifying glass . Yup I found that SWR Demon ! My fault also !:whistle:

Got rings just under 1/2 way.
1.28 at 27.990 on and 1.68 on CH19

not very happy with that.

Nobody can see or hear any difference on those numbers than if they were 1.1.1 since the loss is so low.They put the RED area on an SWR meter for a reason & it's because that is where the SWR is worth fixing.Do some reading & research & stop stressing over stuff that is meaningless.People have been brainwashed with a Pefection Mentality & it's Stupid BS.

SIX-SHOOTER

yeah, its real hard sometimes to get some people too believe that ALL the power going to the antenna is actually radiated, unless, its really WAAAAAAY off.

Overheating coax is highly over rated

Lots of varying opinions on the A99 just like on everything else. I've got one and like it fine. Withstands ice and high winds...that's worthy of consideration.

Most of the folks I talk to on radio both local and DX seem to have an A99 antenna. They may have other antennas as well (or several) but seem to like their Solarcon A99 just fine.

Better ones out there but good enough for me...at least now. :whistle:

414299837.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated