• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Magnum International Transceiver replacing the 257

What a let down!! They said 2yrs ago they were coming out with new radios. This sure isn't a new radio!! How many versions of this one will we see?? Dumb move by magnum. JMHO. Could have came up with something a bit more original. Maybe with the death of Sam Lewis so goes the same for Magnum if they keep this up. Again, JMHO.

Reactions: fourstringburn
A better version of the magnum 257 would have been nice. Add the TXCO, a 2nd filter for SSB, stiffen all controls. Little things. And replace that damn blue lighted face!! Can't use one at night hardly in a mobile without covering the face of the 257hp I have. The blue light is just too bright. Amber or even a dimmer pot would have been nice. Or a menu feature to turn it down. Anyway, I am let down after having spoken with the owners son long ago and was told then they were dropping some "new" radios around 2016. Oh well. Wish them luck as they will need it if they are just going to follow the rest of the export crowd currently! Not that they are bad radios, just the same thing rebranded isn't "new" in my book.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.