• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New McKinley EU

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
Has Echo built in and FM on the UK CB band 27.60125-27.99125.

It will be interesting to see if they ever release a way to unlock these radios for more coverage - SSB on 27.555 etc.

Still my favorite current CB on the market and still hoping for the mod.

If the EU version can be opened up for Freeband I'll pick up one for sure.

Simon is usually much better on the video focus :)

He did say in his blog that this model will do the extra channels! Now I need to get my hands on one. Only issue is that they are as expensive as a Lincoln II which is ridiculous.

If this radio is the same size and operates the same as my existing McKinely I'll be super excited to have the extra frequencies. It may be the last export I buy....just kidding.

Simon is usually much better on the video focus :)

He did say in his blog that this model will do the extra channels! Now I need to get my hands on one. Only issue is that they are as expensive as a Lincoln II which is ridiculous.

If this radio is the same size and operates the same as my existing McKinely I'll be super excited to have the extra frequencies. It may be the last export I buy....just kidding.

I think they took like 90 percent of Lincoln 2 and crammed it in.. more menu and less knobs is all.

Reactions: NZ8N and Bow
He is calling out the EU version...

Isn't that radio Pin-head-FCC type Accepted?

if it is Type Accepted on this side of the pond, it may not be able to be modified for Wide Band use (because that makes too much sense)

He is calling out the EU version...

Isn't that radio Pin-head-FCC type Accepted?

if it is Type Accepted on this side of the pond, it may not be able to be modified for Wide Band use (because that makes too much sense)

Probably not. Its a European model.

I'm sure we can get them off UK sites when available..

Reactions: Bow

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.