• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new P.O.S. radio. look closely at pictures n reply

no matter what brand,you buy it new n trouble right out of the box,send the chinese lookin pos back to yaesu n they say bad mic.fire it up after they had it way too many days still not useable. no where else to turn open it up n discover poor thermal paste between finals n boartd..fix it n get rid of it cause yaesu cant screw a lite bulb in so i notice

After servicing all three brands for more than a decade, I can say that seeing an Icom come in for service work was very rare. The few that did, usually had catastrophic failures that were initiated by problems outside of the Icom. Things like lightning, power surge or an amplifier that turned into a self sustaining oscillator, are what it typically took to take an Icom down.
Gotta agree! I had an Icom 735 for 27 years....used it EVERY DAY just about... just sold it a year ago, and almost sad I did. Definitely the best field day and camp/RV rig I ever had. Had that sucker mounted in the overhead console of my 17' RV for 10 years, never took it out until four years ago, when I sold the RV. Worked like the day it was born. Sold it to fund another radio, but would definitely buy another one if I needed to.

Reactions: Rwb
I would do ok with either of my radios I think ICOM or Yaesu, contacts would be made on either. I do like to switch around using them, having a spare is no bad thing. I feel I am just getting into the swing of things.

Lol.....but....no one would even be worried about a "vax" if China hadn't let something else with "poor quality" come off their "assembly line" in the first place!!!......;-)
cheep chinese clone of a 22 pistol in gun store.looked it over n seen they even had the ruger flaw in the name stamp on that particular model . bet it was a look here shoot there pistol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?