• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new P.O.S. radio. look closely at pictures n reply

These ratings are bull

Look at the label on this 9900 showing duty cycle.
I think this how they try to. call it a 60 watt radio, by reducing the duty cycle.

So in this case Yaesu is calling it a 80 watt radio.....but at what Duty cycle?
I wonder what Yaesu uses for this number ?
Do they even list this info in the manual?
After they got done "fixing" your radio do they not even bench test it and see the power output dropping?

This is getting to be the norm with manufactures.

Jeff

Here is what it stands for,YAESU = Yet Another Excuse Simply Useless.That pretty much says it all. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb
Meh, complaining for nothing...

You sent it to Yahoo... duh... Yahoo doesn't work on radios!!! Should've sent it to some place like Yaesu or something... come on, man. You gonna take your car to Arby's for an oil change?

(heeheeheehee)

ARBY'S Roast Beef is Not OILY just YUMMY! The 1/2 lb Roast Beef with the Chedder Cheese is my Favorite from them.No Oil involved. {:>) LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

Meh, complaining for nothing...

You sent it to Yahoo... duh... Yahoo doesn't work on radios!!! Should've sent it to some place like Yaesu or something... come on, man. You gonna take your car to Arby's for an oil change?

(heeheeheehee)
thats yaesu's new name. what to talk to somebody walk outdoors n holler YAHOO their radios sure wont work like others do haha. but hey i fixed it they couldnt

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
ARBY'S Roast Beef is Not OILY just YUMMY! The 1/2 lb Roast Beef with the Chedder Cheese is my Favorite from them.No Oil involved. {:>) LOL

SIX-SHOOTER
that just inspired me, talk on yaesu radio n lay your roast beef n chedder on it n in 2 minutes warmed up nicely n no nuker radation waves like the nuker box microwave lets out

HUGE UPDATE. i removed the finals,cleaned the hit n miss thermal paste. put a very light even coat on the finals then installed tightning the screws then soldering it back. lyin tech at yahoo. i laid a fan on top be seen in photos. i talked simplex with 3 friends setting on 80 watts.it stayed cool. about 73 degrees in my house n radio never got up to 100 degrees. plus the voltage didnt drop as bad either. if i did it all over again id remove finals n check them but why must 1 do this to a new radio? i will use it n see what dies next.View attachment 44819 View attachment 44820 i used to solder tiny battery cells at eagle pitcher back in the winter of 74 as dump truck used to stop when it grew cold. i soldered cells for space craft batterys that activated many functions. id get a headache every night when i soldered the mini batterys,used a magnifying stand n holding fixture. i can solder so i did fix my yaaHOO
I switched over to Arctic MX-4 compound (non-conductive, non-capacitive). Some other silicone based non-conductive compound I got off Ebay was all dried up and hard as a rock even before the tube was opened.

Reactions: Rwb
I switched over to Arctic MX-4 compound (non-conductive, non-capacitive). Some other silicone based non-conductive compound I got off Ebay was all dried up and hard as a rock even before the tube was opened.
i got some from a friend who sells ,installs n services buisness band radios. he buys his in a small glass jar. it has nuff in it to do more finals than i ever forsee replacing but jar has maybe 1/4" deep of paste left in it. he just gave it to me. he even offered to fix it too as he actually is a yaesu standard dealer. said he was gonna call yaesu n raise hell with them ... again said he is about to drop yaesu for same reason .new radios are becoming junk

RW, maybe if you put a power mic on that Yaesu and get a super mod installed…. I’d definitely add in an echo board and a noise toy.

Just a thought…

They love it on the 2m net check-in when I key mine down.

RW, maybe if you put a power mic on that Yaesu and get a super mod installed…. I’d definitely add in an echo board and a noise toy.

Just a thought…

They love it on the 2m net check-in when I key mine down.
i was thinkin of those P I N G G E Rs. had 1 in apings woke tired drivers up cb when i hauled cows.about 2 am a few pings woke many sleepy drivers up

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.