• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Digi Mic

When did this come out? Really would rather run an Astatic
I believe it came out in the past week. Not in the US yet, this is from the European website. It might eventually make it here, or maybe Scott's will import it.

I agree with you, I prefer the 636 which is a dynamic mic, on the Galaxy/ Ranger/ RCI radios. But the factory mic on the President radios now days is electret and has more punch than a dynamic mic. So on the President radios, I just keep the stock mic.

It's not going to win any beauty contests. Who the heck decided on the green glow in the dark PTT? Makes it look like a toy from the 80's.
lol, that was my first thought as well. everybody in the cb hobby is so into bright christmas lights in the radios, goofy colorful toy looking accessories, and that damn blue on every single thing. jeez, please stop already. its just so ridiculous and out of control.

Reactions: The turd
lol, that was my first thought as well. everybody in the cb hobby is so into bright christmas lights in the radios, goofy colorful toy looking accessories, and that damn blue on every single thing. jeez, please stop already. its just so ridiculous and out of control.
73cw.gif whats wrong with flashing lights

Last edited:
wait, noise reduction on recieve? i'm guessing the noise reduction on receive is with the radio, and the mic only controls that? don't think this is a speaker mic right? hard to tell from the schematic in the PDF. worst... schematic... ever...
worst_ever.png
...the following is not helping either.
"The LED lights up and the internal speaker voice broadcasts the current setting, the NRC level"

shouldn't we want noise reduction on transmit, or do modern radios handle that?

the hoop on the top appears to have screws, making it possibly optional?
tubby.png
options are good IMO.

not to sound like a hipster, but i kinda like the high viz green. matches my tape measure, and one of my utility knifes. :p

looks aside, wondering how they sound? also if this would be compatible with AT-5555n II (via 6-pin to RJ-45 adapter), and AT-6666 electret mic radios? (or 'electric' as Anytone calls it :whistle:) if it does work, what would hitting the middle button do? :unsure:

wait, noise reduction on recieve? i'm guessing the noise reduction on receive is with the radio, and the mic only controls that? don't think this is a speaker mic right? hard to tell from the schematic in the PDF. worst... schematic... ever...
View attachment 63247
...the following is not helping either.
"The LED lights up and the internal speaker voice broadcasts the current setting, the NRC level"

shouldn't we want noise reduction on transmit, or do modern radios handle that?

the hoop on the top appears to have screws, making it possibly optional?
View attachment 63248
options are good IMO.

not to sound like a hipster, but i kinda like the high viz green. matches my tape measure, and one of my utility knifes. :p

looks aside, wondering how they sound? also if this would be compatible with AT-5555n II (via 6-pin to RJ-45 adapter), and AT-6666 electret mic radios? (or 'electric' as Anytone calls it :whistle:) if it does work, what would hitting the middle button do? :unsure:
I think the mic has a speaker in it. The mic plug has Rx audio because they used to have a wireless mic that had Rx audio.

Reactions: Back_Crick_Hobbies

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated