• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President George II Export?

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
Saw on Simons blog this morning that they was a mystery puzzle image floating around from cbradionl - https://simonthewizard.com/2021/04/13/new-cb-president-george-ii/

img_0750.jpg

Now is the image just a design that someone got a hold of or is it an actual radio design that's in process? The timing would be right for a new radio but who knows if it's actually happening.

I decided to do a quick puzzle solve to try to get an idea of what this drawing actually looked like -

President-George-II.jpg

It looks very similar to the President Grant II / Uniden 980 layout but there are some interesting features listed that weren't on the Grant II.

I've been waiting to see a new SSB export from President so this is exciting. Those that don't like menu driven screens won't be excited but they can go buy a RCI X9.

What is the triangle symbol just under the meter?

Let the comment havoc begin....

Last edited:

The symbol to the left of the triangle looks like one of the old 110 film cartridges for those cheapie cameras. So the triangle most be there to tell you to advance to the next frame.

I thought maybe that was a reel to reel symbol and maybe a play button? I'm talking crazy now....

We need a hi-res non-puzzle image to be released.

Reactions: Slowmover
A 980 using old parts - just a new LCD mask for a meter...

The "Film cassette" is a RECORD feature for playback.

And it's faceplate is not a "mirror" (not inverted highlite) so I don't have to place a bad faceplate on the Wifes' Visor and tell her it's her new lighted "vanity" mirror

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.