1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

New president lincoln 2

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by 26sd782, May 28, 2013.

1. CbRadiosPRONTO

CbRadiosPRONTO Performance Ready Radios

The Lincoln two doesn't need a different mic. I ran it for two weeks in stock condition. I didn't really like it. After tweeting it, it's loud and crystal. I used the cee8900 for about 6 months. Loved it, except for having to enter menus settings just to adjust the mic gain and other items. I like the Lincoln 2 better now.

I have a cre8900 mic stil. Took it out of the plastic and plugged it right into the Lincoln. Wow! Perfect match. The Lincoln's mic is a little deeper sounding but that Cree mic really sounds good.

CbRadiosPRONTO

2. brash

brash Member

what antennas are you running with the 2. i'm thinking about sirio's, not sure which model yet. liking the performer 5000 with the pivot but would like a mag and that in my set up for work would be way to high. any suggestions

3. CbRadiosPRONTO

Antron 99

CbRadiosPRONTO

4. CbRadiosPRONTO

Us run the Wilson 5k mag in a heart beat, or sirio... They actually perform better than a 102" whip in allot of situations. My whip is right behind my glass in my pickup. Nearly two feet if it is below the roof. Because if that , it doesn't perform as well as it can. O

CbRadiosPRONTO

5. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

I modified my 8900 mic,taking it apart and temporarily removing the mic element and drilling a larger mic element hole. Results are clearer audio,less muffling. A little pop filter in front of the mic element would help on breathy sounds.

6. CbRadiosPRONTO

Good to know.

7. mechanic

mechanic Well-Known Member

I am impressed that there are over 30,000 views on this topic! The new Lincoln along with the other 'new' export rigs are having a renewal of interest! This is good!! :laugh:
    I'm looking forward to buying one myself sometime soon....

73 mechanic

8. CbRadiosPRONTO

Yeah. Sales have slowed quite a bit on the Lincoln II. I'm enjoying mine but I'm ready for a change. I normally change every 2 or 3 months in the bench and the mobile, though I've stuck with the Optima for a while now in the mobile. I'll probably be changing that one as well.

Hmmm...what should I get next?

9. 222DBFL

222DBFL Sr. Member

Same boat CBRadiosPRONTO. Want a new mobile rig but the optima is hard one to beat IMO. Still waiting. Was hoping the maxlog 8900 would be it, but going to hold off for now. Decisions ,
    Decisions. Maybe time for a real radio. Might just go HF.

Grogan likes this.
  10. CbRadiosPRONTO

11. Tucker442

Tucker442 101E

Been using a new Anytone 5555N for a few days, quite surprised how much I like it, squelch is fantastic on SSB, one of my peeves. Audio is great with the stock mic have to turn down the mic gain through the menu so it doesn't pick up the TV in the room. Not sure on pricing yet or available seeing as I have serial numbers 002 and 003

Attached Files:

12. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

13. IMD262

IMD262 Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll see a V4 .... at least not with the President badge. Maybe Qixiang will release a V$ under their Anytone brand ....

Mudfoot likes this.
  14. davew41

davew41 Member

I have searched all over the web for the mic wiring for the rd104 red devil for the Lincoln II Radio here is the pin out

rd104 wiring for Lincoln II
    pin
    1 white
    2 black
    3 red
    4 no connection
    5 shield / and Blue
    6 no connection heat shrink this as it is hot 12volt

15. davew41

davew41 Member