• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New property in NC..

Confused on the spec sheets shown here.. Allowable vs. Projected? My proposed antenna is 5.6 sq ft surface area.

Screenshot_20190109-094102.png

Screenshot_20190109-094117.png

Last edited:
@RealPork

Some places I read 40-45 un-guyed..

But again the antenna being mounted based on load and windloading would affect it.

I'm sure like an Imax 2000 on 40' tower un-guyed would probably be fine. As it says 90mph and 1.3 sq ft. So it would depend I think on Imax sq ft spec.

For my Gizmotchy proposed I may need to step to a Rohn 45 as it seems better rated for it..

Anyone chime in??

When I had my 4 element beam I had a guide from the bottom of the hazer now all that's up there is a IMAX 2000 and a small 2 meter and 440 vertical I don't have a guide now

When I had my 4 element beam I had a guide from the bottom of the hazer now all that's up there is a IMAX 2000 and a small 2 meter and 440 vertical I don't have a guide now

Thanks Hazer looks interesting. But wouldn't the weight and offset make the tower be a little one side weight wise on the tower??

Also wouldn't dropping a Tele pole just far enough away allow a tilt over and winch easier and cheaper?

... edit...

Some places I read 40-45 un-guyed..

But again the antenna being mounted based on load and windloading would affect it...
Anyone chime in??

You haven't even mentioned how much and how deep the concrete base should be.

Thanks Hazer looks interesting. But wouldn't the weight and offset make the tower be a little one side weight wise on the tower??

Also wouldn't dropping a Tele pole just far enough away allow a tilt over and winch easier and cheaper?
While it looks like the load would favor one side the offset is minimal.
I had a Yaesu 800 rotor,10' section of rigid conduit for a mast pole through a good thrust bearing, beam was a 20' boom with 4 elements vert. & horiz & a Imax 2000 above
the beam. Also at bottom of Hazer is a 8' lenght of 1" square aluminum tubing with the
2/440 vert. on one end & 6 meter squalo on the other.
In the bottom corners of the hazer are 3 u shaped shackles, the kind with the rod that
screws in. 3/8" polypro rope for guys at 120 degree spacing.
Survived Hurricane Ivan, & several high wind episodes with 50-60 constant & 80-90
mph gusts.
Concrete pad is 3' square & 42" deep. I wanted to go 4' down but hit solid granite at
that depth. Reinforced with 3/8" re-bar & wire cloth.
It's been up 17 years now & no problems.
Some do use a boat winch anchored to a tree & lay the whole tower over but your elements are in a poor position that way to work on any thing.
When I drop it down a 6' step ladder against the tower allows easier maintenance

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated