• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New property in NC..

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
I got 2 acres in Northern Central North Carolina for future use. About 35 miles from VA border. Not in HOA. Just got first zoning application approved for upto a 12x32 shed just to get an address assigned. Property missed both of the last big hurricane/tornados

Thinking house on left, shed on right. Driveway in middle..

Thinking ROHN 25 tower at 30' height..

Trees in center of property more or less, and trees on left and right for dipoles or fan dipole options..

Was leaning toward maybe one rotor antenna for CB and maybe take my A99 with as well to there or get a new IMAX 2000..

Here's the property pic.. it's a triangle shape for most part 350 road frontage.

This is a suggestion post.. so go ahead..

I have an Alinco DXSR-8T that covers 160-10m, Cobra 148 from 96, and a Kenwood TM-v71a for 2/70..

Screenshot_20181228-082537~2.png

PA770 , Nice lot ! It looks like they baled some hay of that field . My wife & have been looking @ moving to NC , I don't feel like building , but they have lots of land listed but used homes are weak ! Thinking of moving more west of that area .

Reactions: S&W357 and CB590
That's a nice piece of land, my wife and I have been looking at land in SC.
If you haven't already had a perk test done for the septic system, then it would be the first thing to do. Then the well. This would tell you where the house can go. If you have already done that then great. Make sure to post pictures of your progress, I will be following.
Chris

Reactions: 357magnum
That's a nice piece of land, my wife and I have been looking at land in SC.
If you haven't already had a perk test done for the septic system, then it would be the first thing to do. Then the well. This would tell you where the house can go. If you have already done that then great. Make sure to post pictures of your progress, I will be following.
Chris

Perc had passed before but expired a few years back (confirmed with county to be sure).. in a 500 year flood plan..

Going down in spring to do perc test again.. it's like $300 and good for 5 years and they send you a layout back.. (y)

Been abit.. figured I'd revive the thread..

Thinking Maco v58 for vertical and maybe a Gizmotchy G45 or G41 4 element for a beam.. my concern is the 5.6 sq ft of load.

Would a regular Rohn 25G (non-guyed) work at 30' or would I need a different tower to hold the load??

The Rohn would have 5' down in concrete and 30' above.. not sure if I want a tip over mount or just straight up due to winds and such that may come thru..

I'd like to have both on the one tower but don't know how that would work or look..

The beam appears to have both vertical and horizontal options for polarization, so would I even need the Maco v58..

Anyone??

Reactions: 357magnum
tip over, crank up

Should I use the Rohn SBH25G tilt over section that is like 3' and bury the 3' in concrete or use the flat base plate tilt with just J bolts??

I'd prefer the SBH25G just because I think it would be sturdier.. I also think I would need a permanent winch spot at least 15' tall to help crank it up and down.. does that sound about right for a 30' tower?

Been abit.. figured I'd revive the thread..

Thinking Maco v58 for vertical and maybe a Gizmotchy G45 or G41 4 element for a beam.. my concern is the 5.6 sq ft of load.

Would a regular Rohn 25G (non-guyed) work at 30' or would I need a different tower to hold the load??

The Rohn would have 5' down in concrete and 30' above.. not sure if I want a tip over mount or just straight up due to winds and such that may come thru..

I'd like to have both on the one tower but don't know how that would work or look..

The beam appears to have both vertical and horizontal options for polarization, so would I even need the Maco v58..

Anyone??

Spend the extra bucks & get a Hazer for your tower,the older you get the more you will
be glad you did.
I have a 40 ' Rohn25 with a Hazer & when severe WX is predicted everything comes down to 10' above ground.
When I was 55 I could climb that tower like a squirrel now at 72 I would not even think
about trying.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?