• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ranger RCI-69VHP SSB coming soon

Just found after I posted. Looks simple enough..

Thinking less drift then 98vhp and FFB4 as there is no amp under the rig..

Time will tell I guess..

Any idea which board is in the Stryker 955?? Rumor had similar to AT6666..
I think the 955 is based on the AT5555. If this is like the 98vhp then I bet it drifts. I think it is the same as the 99v which is a sailboat.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Unless Ranger cheapened the mic, at least I know it has one good thing to go with that right angle connector.

I'd rather run stock and just move the wire myself and get a normal alignment after. If I can undo a smt resistor I should be able to move a wire and resolder..

If you go back in his videos you will see were he unboxed a brand new radio.
The frequency is off, as in not on center slot with the clarifer and the radio swings backwards on a avg reading meter.
They are not always ready to use out of the box.
The " production line" at Ranger is not staffed with what I would call trained radio tech's with top of the line test equipment.
They assemble radios.
It is not the high tech line that you might think.
Nothing like how Yaesu radios were built back in the day in Japan.
Think cheap labor here not skilled technical people.
Jeff

im not sure why anyone thinks that there is anything different in this radio than there has been in any of their other radios.

It's Ranger folks, these guys make their money by dressing up pigs and sending them out to dances.

I just don't understand why so many people get in line to dance with a pig.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.