• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new road king radio

bluecurt63

Jun 17, 2014
i have a new road king radio. it is one with the surface mounted chips, and the receive has got real low,i cant find any schematic for it does anyone have a idea what to do. I changed the audio chip,and the caps close to it but didn't help

Good luck finding schematics. Just a couple weeks ago i called to obtain schematics for a Road King and was told they are proprietary and not available.

Reactions: Slowmover
When you look up Road King...this is what you find...
upload_2020-7-21_14-36-56.png

Look up DAS - you'll find - thru the Fine Print - this...
upload_2020-7-21_14-35-53.png

So when I see this...
Without schematic is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Yo can swap half of the radio and no juice :)
Mike

One thing that makes the schematic necessary is identifying parts. Once upon a time the parts were big enough you could read the component's value right off the side of it. Surface mount parts are too small to do this, and the only hint about what's inside a component will be in the schemo.

Good luck finding schematics. Just a couple weeks ago i called to obtain schematics for a Road King and was told they are proprietary and not available.

Same thing when I tried to get the schematics for the Anytone Smart CB...

I can't help but wonder...

Is this the thanks we get for giving them not only the rights to make the product, but our money we earned working for it...?

And to think I get upset over selling out...

i have a new road king radio. it is one with the surface mounted chips, and the receive has got real low,i cant find any schematic for it does anyone have a idea what to do. I changed the audio chip,and the caps close to it but didn't help

Ok, so we may have limited options...

Then before you go too far...

Do you have another radio to listen to - while you talk on the "bad one" that's too low?

You tune the other radio to the same channel - don't need any antenna - just don't key up the monitor radio and listen thru it - with you calling talking - transmitting on the Road King and see if it "sounds loud enough" if it don't - then all the work you just did, was in vain. I hope not but we'll see...

Did you try PA - switch it to PA mode, using an external speaker - plugged into the PA jack on the back panel - see if you can even have any volume? Adjust the volume, does it have Mic Gain (Or Mike Gain) control? Rotate it - work the controls of the radio - see if this problem is truly a radio problem or your receive just "quit"

If the radio seems to have enough volume, PA works, you just may have a bad antenna jack that just needs a little reheating of the connections to it, and to the board and look for cracked traces in any vertical cards or loose headers...or if that's too much - take it into a tech and brace yourself for the bill this may cause to get it working right again.

I think ill stay away from companies that wont share schematics wih with its consumers. Too bad because i was interested in anytone

I’d say: up the $-limit on what’s disposable. $200 and I get some good use doesn’t hurt that much (How many months cell service on an unlimited plan? At 30-MPG and $2/gl gasoline that’s not a whole lot of miles. Etc).

I’m recommending perspective change.

Proprietary.. ya schematics for an AM only radio are high value things like a missile guidance schematic or the recipe to Bushes baked beans.
President put out service manuals and schematics for their up the food chain Lincoln2+ and McKinley. We don't see knockoffs being sold anywhere now do we?

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.