• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New thread to debate V-4000

Marconi, guess what? I have no idea if Bob has emails from Cebik because I just assumed the exchanges were done through email never guessing Bob actually had an opportunity to speak with the man directly. Your devious thoughts combined with mistrust are what has you trying to start a new problem over nothing. Just like I expected. You're more concerned with the medium the exchange took place in then the information provided. How silly.

It will do personal assessments to disqualify the forum members if they do not like your position.

Here I made another drawing not to like someone, but once I'd love to see even just one time, a semi-scientific explanation as to ask for a scientific explanation which only praise as evidence preach without more words and sayings of others, "he told me".

I see it. Phases canceled against each other.
Is very interesting, there I see all currents and phases.
Is as you say, half wave fed quarter wave. But at the bottom I see nothing collinear, if collinear, there would be no wave movement. A collinear antenna, ripples appear and disappear at the same point, as a dipole.
See that cone leaves a green color that is the variation of field AND PHASE CHANGE.
Therefore, the cone is in antiphase(yellow & blues colors) with the rest of the antenna.
In this picture, we see that the phases are perfectly changed inside and at the bottom of the cone, a part is blue, the other yellow, or that are not in phase

if they were on stage. the red color would be the left side and blue on the right, however are extrapolated, with an inverted phase of 180 degrees, so if there is emission is 180 degrees out of phase, which makes NEGATIVE

if so be collinear, and in phase, CST modeling both colors would be on the same side.

any scientific explanation for this?

Take a look at this picture, when you figure out what is wrong with this one apply the same logic to the picture you posted twice now... They are both in error for the same reason, and that reason has already been mentioned in this thread...

frame_000.jpg

Both pictures above (yours and mine) are being used out of context. I'll let you try and figure out what that means... I'de love to hear your explanation...

For bonus points, show me one or more of the four frames from the animation the pictures above came from that accurately show how this antenna works, and explain why.

Good Luck...

The DB

new vector 4000

hello,
I just joined this site, and been interested in the 4000. I havn't heard
complaints on its performance setting aside its mechanical strength for the
moment. One can use different descriptions to describe that lower section
but it looks like a sleeve antenna/matching section. when I first read about J antennas I thought that matching section would radiate. I read this article
about a skeleton sleeve fed monopole, that seems to fit better the 4000
then a J..

http://k6mhe.com/files/ssfm.pdf

..but it should work and offer gain. albeit I don't know how much or what angle, depending on the height. I have seen the ads for this type in FM antennas. to the mechanical strength, I thought about 1/8" parachute cord guying at a current point, say 1/4 wave down from the top.

73 dean

Morning Dean and welcome to the forum.

Here within this bandwidth are some antenna experts, arm chair analyzers, and many who are looking to gain knowledge of how this antenna actually works.

It has been and will continue to be debated to death within these posts.

With that said it sure does make some interesting reading.

Try using Dacron rope for your guy ropes on this antenna, Dacron holds up to the weather and does not deteriorate under UV.

NoSee, stop wasting your time and ours thinking this is a coloring book and look at that frame #21 that shows exactly what you say it doesn't.

What is the "right side" of the antenna ??

The answer to this question is yes. Of course CST will show any and all antennas with opposite fields on either side of the antenna. Care to explain why? It isn't really that difficult... Anyone who has been working with antennas for anything close to a regular basis since 1980 would know this. Of course you can ask the exact same question about the gainmaster CST model you posted earlier to this very thread yourself...

A better question is why you are using a picture that was specifically stated to be out of context by itself by the person who originally posted it (me for the record) and try and trap someone else with it?

You have also obviously have not risen to the challenge I put forth in the post where that picture originates... To bad...

So what do we call someone who uses information that was specifically stated to be out of context by the source of the information?

---
EDIT: Finally when I was posting this message he shows an accurate picture...

The DB

Well I'm still figuring it out myself but got the basics of the way Vector operates.
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=75921.60;wap2

I'm still trying to figure out the cone section on how it can radiate in phase with the top section.

https://www.cst.com/Products/CSTMWS

This is an educated opinion that I believe to be fairly accurate. I don't think the key to the radials being in phase with the vertical has as much to do with the radials as it does the fact they have delayed the vertical from radiating by 90 degrees. To my knowledge the radials and CMC on the typical end fed are in an opposing phase to the vertical radiator.

By confining the base currents within the cone, we have only allowed the inverted currents on its top 1/2 wave section to radiate. Since the currents on the vertical that are allowed to radiate now have an inverted phase from the source, they also match the currents the on cone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.