1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

New toy Hackrf one with portpack

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by camaro1, Jul 4, 2020.

1. camaro1

camaro1 Well-Known Member

This is the hackrf one with the portapack , pocket size SDR, the portapack plugs right into the hackrf one sdr receiver, its powered by any usb battery pack and is a complete sdr receiver

this is the Chinese clone, but from all the vids I watched , the clones work exactly the same as the original Hackrf one and the clones with the portpack and case are way cheaper

also this one has the Mayhem firmware(could get a person in trouble!!) that is open source with updates and new functions coming out all the time, you can also transmit !!

youtube hackrf mayhem to see all the things it can do

( IMG_3409.jpg IMG_3408.jpg IMG_3407.jpg IMG_3411.jpg IMG_3413.jpg

#1 camaro1, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Shadetree Mechanic and Mudfoot like this.

2. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Interesting.

CB590 likes this.
  3. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Been eyeing the HackRF for long time. This addition seals the deal. The things this will do is amazing. Allows certain mischief, too.

Thanks for posting. Just ordered a complete setup.

4. USXDriver

USXDriver Member

So glad this wasn't possible for me to get my hands on as a kid. The phone phreaking was bad enough LOL

5. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

What a neat gizmo. So its been almost a month, any updates?

6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Thinking about getting one, what kind of things do you normally use it for? Just curious.

7. camaro1

just playing with mine, did get it to record/open a couple of MY garage doors, and it does read vehicle tpms sensors, the aircraft monitor does work and shows their location on a map, and it does read mine and probly my neighbors water meters, and just general scanning through some bands and listening, the latest firmware has a scanner function but i have not programmed in any frequencies on the sd card yet

Shadetree Mechanic and Mudfoot like this.
  8. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Got sidetracked and forgot about it

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  9. camaro1

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.