• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie Here w/Some DX Questions....

Most are .66 but not all. Mine cut at 9ft and tied the 4-6" back for the loop were good enough to not need further tuning. I don't have an analyzer so it is just an SWR reading...

I thought about placing the antenna to the middle of the roof on a tripod and using the roof as a groundplane. I would need a longer run for the feed, prob' about 50'. The issue I read about with the metal roof is that the individual panels may not actually be connected so I was wondering if I could screw a strap to the panels to connect them. The ground plane would end up being 30 to 40 feet in diameter.

Thanks Guys, for me store bought is good ( lol) my hands don't work like they use too , I had to solder the other day an it took me forever . It stinks to get older an things don't work like they should .

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

Finished a little while ago adding 2 additional ground planes. 1 to the south and the other is directly connected to the ridge cap 108" in. The cap is screwed to each panel on each side of the roof which runs 40 feet long and a total span of 24' from soffit to soffit. Came in and turned the radio on swr is 1.0-1.03. Flipped to 27.375 37 lsb and immediately made contact with Paul 420 in the UK. He said I was crystal clear and we chatted for about 5 minutes. Guess I'll put the brakes on any modifications for a bit. I was surprised and wasn't sure if I was running too much gain on the Ranger 198 mic. I have it cranked all the way up and she swings to 12-18 watts. So far so good. Still interested in the Moxon and may start that this weekend if I can do it cheap enough.

That metal roof will get you out ! Maybe your next step co-phase one on each end . Hobie your on a role . Lol

PS " if it ain't broke don't fix it " !

:w00t::w00t::w00t: I am a tweeker at heart! I have no idea how to co-phase 2 antennas but now you got me thinkin'! Feel free to chime in everybody on how I can do that!

Just finished a chat with 967 central FL. Said I was crystal clear tearin' it up on 37 lsb. Couldn't believe I was bearfoot as he was pushin around 60 watts. Pretty cool stuff and thanks to everyone again. I can tell I've been bitten by the bug. Big thanks goin out to Cryptic Cricket on youtube. The toughest part to this antenna was building the quad pod for the side of the house and getting it up there. Not too bad for $50.00 +/-.

Must say you got me watching that cricket guy , but I new after a little tweaking you would get out . We might have to start another thread we are really stretching this one . Have a good time dx-ing .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.