• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No more free ham ticket?

I agree 100%. What do they do with the current money? Allow idiots to carry on on 40meters, get drunk, yell, and jam people? I think the fcc is Almost as worthless as Nasa.
people who call others names like idiots bet take a long look in the mirror.
Sounds like if you had your way,only the elete could be an amature radio opertor. Sad you feel that way.
BUT THATS MY OBSERVATION AND OPINION

My license expires in 8 years. If I start saving now I might be able to come up with $50.00 LOL!
My license expires in 8 years. If I start saving now I might be able to come up with $50.00 LOL!
well... If you dont get drunk n get on the radio n shout at people you can do it. Just kiddin but some arent

Reactions: fogdog
Me too!
Now you know the reason we have the Ramen punishment. The offender needs to replace the grocery they spent by eating Ramen until those funds are replaced. The wife is about to start her sentence, I figure it will last about six months.

Last edited:
Question ? Thry make huge jump asking 50,then we just pay no fight.humm they took that 1 up the keester lets double the fees,then next year lets double em again.
DONT SAY THEY WONT DO THAT.if you belive they wont then bring your money to me cause im selling ocean front property in missouri across street from my house

Last edited:
Quedtion ? Thry make huge jump asking 50,then we just pay no fight.humm they took that 1 up the keester lets double the fees,then next year lets double em again.
DONT SAY THEY WONT DO THAT.if you belive they wont then bring your money to me cause im selling ocean front property in missouri across street from my house
I agree. It does seem to be a random $ number figure. Maybe there are less people getting into Amateur Radio, and the $15.00 isn't cutting it.
Can you imagine not passing the exam the 1st time, and then next try say a month later you have to pay another 50 clams. Better study hard.

Reactions: Rwb
The initial (mostly around $14.00) fee that is paid is to Test, this is the fee the VEC Group collects to administer the test and file the application...Should you PASS...
Passing the test then the $50 will go to the FCC to process...
Be interesting to see if/when this passes Congress (which it will!)
Will the VEC group collect that fee and send it (How?) to FCC...or will it then be up to Amatuer to send...be interesting to see how this will work.
Any VEC's have any info yet?

people who call others names like idiots bet take a long look in the mirror.
Sounds like if you had your way,only the elete could be an amature radio opertor. Sad you feel that way.
BUT THATS MY OBSERVATION AND OPINION
Have you ever heard what goes on on 7.200? The fcc is supposed to use license fees to find and stop this type of operating. And their not doing it, so where is the money going? Somebody is playing music, playing weird cartoons, yelling, cussing, basically everything that isn't supposed to happen on a ham band. I'll bet they aren't licensed. Trust me, these guys are mentally challenged. Because, if they did get caught it would be a $30,000 fine. (I did read somewhere the fcc knows about it and are currently looking for them)

Have you ever heard what goes on on 7.200? The fcc is supposed to use license fees to find and stop this type of operating. And their not doing it, so where is the money going? Somebody is playing music, playing weird cartoons, yelling, cussing, basically everything that isn't supposed to happen on a ham band. I'll bet they aren't licensed. Trust me, these guys are mentally challenged. Because, if they did get caught it would be a $30,000 fine. (I did read somewhere the fcc knows about it and are currently looking for them)
They must have done something about the QRM on 7.2. I haven't heard them for a couple of months now.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Volunteer Monitor/2019 ARRL MOU - final 3-12.pdf

The intent of this program is to re-energize enforcement efforts in the Amateur Radio bands. It was proposed by the FCC in the wake of several FCC regional office closures and a reduction in field staff.

Under this program, the FCC will give enforcement priority to cases developed by the Volunteer Monitor program, without the delay of ARRL having to refer cases through the FCC online complaint process.

The new Volunteer Monitoring program is designed to better meet the needs enumerated by the FCC in the changing arena of amateur radio enforcement and compliance.

http://www.arrl.org/news/volunteer-monitor-program-recognizes-good-operators

According to Hollingsworth, Volunteer Monitors reported 2,035 hours monitoring on HF monitoring, and 2,856 hours monitoring on VHF/UHF and other frequencies during May. Two cases were referred to FCC.

... referral to the FCC, or follow-up with FCC requests to the VM program. — Thanks to Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH

50 plus 15 ,65 bucks not cool they shut down offices then want more while selling spectrums off.i think they WANT to end ham radio so they can sell every spectrum off.
I have to renew my physical every 2 years to the tune of 100 dollars. It digs in. Im retired n must work.adding 50 is not nice to add to my bills n im sure others will feel same way.
That head nut at fcc comes from parsons kansas 65 miles from my home sadly.
Lets hope fcc dont go sour like usps did

Last edited:
Some time back in the 1980s the FCC lost a lawsuit that challenged the way they collected license fees. There was a refund program.

Honest.

And then there were no fees for a ham license. They figured out a 'legal' way to collect these fees from commercial users and how to "auction" spectrum for business purposes.

All the while hams were getting a free ride. Since the FCC had thrown their testing responsibilities overboard a ham ticket remained free of payment to the FCC.

Funny thing about riding the gravy train. Before long the passengers think they're entitled to a free ride. In this case it took only (roughly) a generation and a half.

Reactions: 543_Dallas
Anybody that thinks $50 is too much for ham ticket for ten years is either a cheap SOB or has serious financial issues and probably can't afford even a basic radio anyway. That is less than one and a half cents per day. Just my opinion mind you but I have never been a cheapskate. I should be a little tighter with the $$$ mind you but you can't take it with you.
Lol,

Hams are the cheapest bunch I've ever seen.

Who exactly owns the bands? A guy designs a radio before any of us were ever born. Then 1 day a government agent says looky we need to grab this,make money and take from our people?
Same people that stole from my dads elders .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated