• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No more free ham ticket?

Well it never was free. I guess i paid $15 x3
And i probably never would have taken my tech if it cost me $50 in 2014 when i took it.
I never would have become a ham or a extra for that matter. Its not that its alot of money its just the principle. New people are gunna be like screw that. Not giving away 50 if they fail so why try.
Its absolutely stupid of the fcc. And ive met more idiots on the ham bands then cb hands down! No doubt about it!
3.840 3.908 3.822 14.313 7.240 you name it

Reactions: Rwb
Well it never was free. I guess i paid $15 x3
And i probably never would have taken my tech if it cost me $50 in 2014 when i took it.
I never would have become a ham or a extra for that matter. Its not that its alot of money its just the principle. New people are gunna be like screw that. Not giving away 50 if they fail so why try.
Its absolutely stupid of the fcc. And ive met more idiots on the ham bands then cb hands down! No doubt about it!
3.840 3.908 3.822 14.313 7.240 you name it
i see it this way,if there is an emergency,we lend a FREE HAND using our time. Not asking for anything in return. But turn around n slap a FEE on us no too much there. Be diffrent if half went to ve. The fcc didnt administer the test

i see it this way,if there is an emergency,we lend a FREE HAND using our time. Not asking for anything in return. But turn around n slap a FEE on us no too much there. Be diffrent if half went to ve. The fcc didnt administer the test
Very true, the v.e. do all the work. Fcc just sells spectrum.

This same regulation will lower it to the same $50.

I doubt that it will work that way. From what little I've read the proposed admin fees will be in addition to the existing regulatory fees.

Remember, the FCC is just following the legislation that bound them to doing this. Of course they can't just come out and say that any amount less than $50 is not worth their time collecting so they make the equivalent of big sweeping arm circles to justify the amount.

Reactions: NZ8N
The vec and arrl do all the work. Fcc just stamps approval.
The vanity calls are free right now. So some guys change ever few months.
Get it while you can.
Fcc doesnt do shit, no enforcement, no nothing, they dont care, we are are like fleas on a dog for them. Sorta how the general public is to the government and all fancy elites in control.
Should you even bother to pay and follow their rules? Theres plenty of fake call signs out there, Do they care? Probably not.
If the spectrum was worth a damn they would have already taken it away and auctioned it off. And jammers like w6wbj would be in prison and canada hasnt done anything about that prick on 14.313
So you know its not so different from cb radio lol
Personally I rather work on radios than talk. And if cb was like it used to be i wouldn't even have a license.

Reactions: NZ8N
.... New people are gunna be like screw that. Not giving away 50 if they fail so why try...

There currently is not and will not be an FCC charge for a failed element.
in fact, the FCC will never see the failed element result. Only a VEC is required to maintain a record of failed elements.

There is only one (remotely possible) method for the FCC itself to have results of a failed element, but, that doesn't apply to routine element testing.

Reactions: BJ radionut
Does anything still happen on 14.313? I haven't heard a soul there in a few years. Even 7.200 has quieted down. Dan from 7.200 had an amp for sale on QTH. Has he hung up the towel?

Hell if jo n his female companion get in they are planning huge firearm fee proposal.
Everything we might own be getting a renewable fee before long n we be handin all our $$$ to uncle sam

... Dan from 7.200 had an amp for sale on QTH. Has he hung up the towel?

"Dan"????? Oh, you refer to the alcoholic in Tn.

I was at the Shelby (Memphis) swap meet a few years ago, "Dan" was drunk at 10:00AM. Walking around with a large soft drink cup that you could smell the cheap whisky from 10 feet away.

He needs to "go away".

Does anything still happen on 14.313? I haven't heard a soul there in a few years. Even 7.200 has quieted down. Dan from 7.200 had an amp for sale on QTH. Has he hung up the towel?
Yes. Ive heard the Canadian 2 times in the last 2 weeks when 20m was dead. And im in Arizona. He was talking politics

Reactions: Rwb and 543_Dallas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated