• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nomad Radio

Man looks to be a FIVE EYES consulting expert with those addresses. The amateur radio cover gig is a natural for a SIGINT background. Lou-Town is one of the stops for the really rich guys on the D.U.M.B. American circuit of maglev rail. Kentucky is (in the main) kept as a preserve. The sport of kings and the distillation of bourbon aren’t to be messed with.

It ain't called, The Deep State, for nothing.

Reactions: barefootindian
Gargle's first link to the 92.2 FM station in London, England was to the "media.info" site's page for that station.

At the bottom of the page, inserted ad graphics showed a pic of our high-voltage pc board for the Pride DX300, from Ebay.

I guess the internet does make the world smaller.

Sorta.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
New But how do you park a bobtail semi out front of 1615?

Ahh, way too late in the day to matter. Our neighborhood is not trailer-friendly. Just getting that many street-parking spaces in a row won't happen. It's a suburb from 100-plus years ago. Narrow streets, too many cars and two few parking spaces.

Most of the drivers we have worked for live in the vicinity and arrive in their personal 4-wheel rides.

Reactions: Slowmover
Ahh, way too late in the day to matter. Our neighborhood is not trailer-friendly. Just getting that many street-parking spaces in a row won't happen. It's a suburb from 100-plus years ago. Narrow streets, too many cars and two few parking spaces.

Most of the drivers we have worked for live in the vicinity and arrive in their personal 4-wheel rides.

I left the trailer at Peterbilt of Louisville. But even sans trailer the satellite pic wasn’t encouraging. Now, with confirmation, it’ll be a taxi ride someday.

(Found some nice words said on your behalf in an online search of sources other than this forum).

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I left the trailer at Peterbilt of Louisville. But even sans trailer the satellite pic wasn’t encouraging. Now, with confirmation, it’ll be a taxi ride someday.

(Found some nice words said on your behalf in an online search of sources other than this forum).

Maybe the folding bicycle will fit under the bunk?

Hey Nomadradio im looking for someone to work on a Yaesu FTDX1200. It needs to be tuned up by someone that knows what there doing. Its only swinging about 70 watts with a audio, it will swing 100 if i whistle, but I don’t whistle to communicate, it won’t swing at all on AM from any wattage unless i whistle into the mic and when i change modes its off frequency like 700 hz. The radio itself is on frequency. I talk ssb a lot and it sounds good. Its just changes when i change modes. Im going to be working in Louisville for a couple of days this week. I just don’t trust anyone to work on my stuff. Especially a radio this Nice.

Hate to rain on your parade, but a FTDX1200 with weak transmit is unlikely to be improved by any amount of tweaking. Not many adjustments in that radio's transmit section.

Odds are a fixed-value component has changed value or just failed. Like a surface-mount capacitor, maybe?

But a surface-mount part for sure, whichever one it may turn out to be.

And there's the rub. Our stock of surface-mount parts is tiny. Older equipment made with through-the-hole circuit boards are more our specialty along with prehistoric tube stuff.

Odds are that we don't have the parts on hand to improve that problem. And even for an older radio built with the primitive parts, this sort of problem can be a hair-puller. A transmitter that's dead is not tricky to troubleshoot. Find the dead part or parts.

But finding a part that's only 70 percent good? Not so easy.

Larry: I think you misinterpret what your seeing. (SWING wise)
Typical for 100w PEP transceiver to show around 60-75 watts on the normal PEP meter on SSB.
Also typical for rig to "shift" 700 cycles when switching from SSB to CW/other modes...it's does that on purpose.
AM usage: carrier should NEVER be set above about 20 watts DK...and rig will NEVER "swing" over 35-50 watts...
That's the way the ALC works to keep the rig from turning to a "splatter" monster.
If you run the processor on either SSB or AM your peaks will be even less, just the way the rig is built.
If you have other op's telling you it should be more, then they have "jacked" with the software or screwdrivered :( it to kill the ALC or cranked the voltage up on the PA deck to get that "magic" 100 watts.
This most generally, makes the rig sound better on AM but make's the SSB signal a "mile" wide.
Also the "bandwidth" setting in the menu will affect this also.
All the Best
Gary

Larry: I think you misinterpret what your seeing. (SWING wise)
Typical for 100w PEP transceiver to show around 60-75 watts on the normal PEP meter on SSB.
Also typical for rig to "shift" 700 cycles when switching from SSB to CW/other modes...it's does that on purpose.
AM usage: carrier should NEVER be set above about 20 watts DK...and rig will NEVER "swing" over 35-50 watts...
That's the way the ALC works to keep the rig from turning to a "splatter" monster.
If you run the processor on either SSB or AM your peaks will be even less, just the way the rig is built.
If you have other op's telling you it should be more, then they have "jacked" with the software or screwdrivered :( it to kill the ALC or cranked the voltage up on the PA deck to get that "magic" 100 watts.
This most generally, makes the rig sound better on AM but make's the SSB signal a "mile" wide.
Also the "bandwidth" setting in the menu will affect this also.
All the Best
Gary
I guess im just not used to these newer rigs. It does peak at 100 at times depending on how I’m talking. I’m just used to my old Kenwood TS 50 i guess, i’ve made several contacts on it and everyone says it sounds really good. Thanks guys for the info

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.