• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not a great Father's Day today.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Having a really bad day today. I lost my best friend this morning. Sable developed something wrong and the vet suspected possibly an autoimmune disorder or canine leukemia.She was really bad last night despite having some meds from the vet yesterday but was a bit more alert this morning but couldn't get up and was in pain. We had to put her down this morning. She was a nine and a half year old ¼ Boxer, ¼ Mastiff, and ½ Siberian Husky mix that was as smart as a whip and loveable as anything. We are absolutely heart broken. Love you girl .RIP

2012-05-02_15-47-16_314.jpg

That will be a tough one. Sorry to hear that. It was real tough when I lost my first Dutch Sheperd two years ago. Sharp as razor and a fine a friend as one could possibly imagine. Now I have another Dutch girl. You might consider doing the same, as it helped.

I don't see another dog in our future. It was 10 years ago last week we had to do the same thing with our last dog Samson. It's just too damned hard to deal with when you are a dog lover to the extent we are. I know that sounds contradictory but the wife said the same thing. We may change our minds later, however with the kids being home only for the next few years or so and with us looking at doing some traveling I don't think it will happen and we are both on the same page with it.

I don't see another dog in our future. It was 10 years ago last week we had to do the same thing with our last dog Samson. It's just too damned hard to deal with when you are a dog lover to the extent we are. I know that sounds contradictory but the wife said the same thing. We may change our minds later, however with the kids being home only for the next few years or so and with us looking at doing some traveling I don't think it will happen and we are both on the same page with it.

I understand completely. We have a 15 year old Lhasa Apso and have been struggling with Cushing Disease for the last year and a half. It's hard to watch your best friend deteriorate like this. It won't be long before I'll have to say good bye to her and I don't even like thinking about it. She does have really good days though and has had a great life as I'm sure your pups have.

We haven't even started thinking about another one yet. They are wonderful little souls but it's so hard to see them leave.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated