• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NPC RC modification mod

I find it amazing, in a hobby that we all supposedly enjoy, that somehow everything becomes a pissing contest. When it gets to this point, people turn off there radios and go find something else to do because its no fun anymore. I do NPC-RC mods and I am proud of it. I have been working on radio for 15 years. Everyone loves my radios. Everyone wants there radio to sound like mine, loud and clean. Does it look like crap on a scope, maybe, I don't care. I have a a scope but I use mainly for alignments. Im sure I will get bashed, Im sure someone will reply with 3 pages of why i am wrong but Large and Outstanding Audio in the other guys receive speaks for itself.

I find it amazing, in a hobby that we all supposedly enjoy, that somehow everything becomes a pissing contest. When it gets to this point, people turn off there radios and go find something else to do because its no fun anymore. I do NPC-RC mods and I am proud of it. I have been working on radio for 15 years. Everyone loves my radios. Everyone wants there radio to sound like mine, loud and clean. Does it look like crap on a scope, maybe, I don't care. I have a a scope but I use mainly for alignments. Im sure I will get bashed, Im sure someone will reply with 3 pages of why i am wrong but Large and Outstanding Audio in the other guys receive speaks for itself.

Well I guess you knew this was coming, here’s my 3 pages...

Just kiddin’. You sound like me. I do that mod too and I get the work I get because of my own personal radio (or did back when I first started). There’s too damn much emphasis placed on that scope pattern, I saw some pretty nasty ones in my time but the radio sounded pretty damn good when I’d heard it beforehand. And it had range, plenty of it. So it’s my opinion and opinion only that spouting off about “muh pattern” is pointless and sometimes makes you seem like a damn jerk.

I don’t agree with clipping limiters. And that creates a double edged sword here where NPC is concerned. But you know what? IDGAF. Know what that means? If a customer says I don’t want that swing mod crap, they don’t get it, every single one gets exactly what they ask for.

Absolutely. I tell them about the pattern but I don’t harp about it and go on and on like some people.

Sometimes even when your wife is right and you’re wrong, you just want her to shut the hell up.
And put the F'n flyswatter down. I hate flyswatters. And cast iron skillets linked together like nunchuks.

If you do not disable AM limiter, you do not get how npc-rc works.
Mike

Well, I won’t argue with you about it, Mike. I’ll say that I base all my NPC “knowledge” off of what Richard Byrd said about it, SS8541. I know the guy on a somewhat personal level and I’ve been to his shop and talked to him in person about this.

And I’ll also say, using a 330ohm resistor with that diode, you can adjust the modulation and the pattern doesn’t look bad. Some guys use a 51ohm and some guys use none. From my experience, those give some absolutely terrible patterns, no comment on sound quality though. I’ll keep that to myself.

And put the F'n flyswatter down. I hate flyswatters. And cast iron skillets linked together like nunchuks.

I live next door to a huge cow farm, I get flys in my shop, how else am I gonna kill them? My dog don’t like fly bug spray, also bad if it gets in my aquarium - kills fish.

And I’ll have you know I don’t mess with nunchucks anymore, I hit myself in the head one time and realized I wasn’t a damn ninja.

My wife is the one who uses the skillet nunchucks. When I hear those start cutting through the air I invoke my invisibility powers.(As in leaping out windows, hiding in closet, under a bed etc.) If she catches up with you it sounds like a tornado in a bell foundry.
When she has those swinging she can't catch me.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Limiter=automatic mic gain control nothing more nothing less
Pull the limiter , adjust the resistor with max mic gain and done

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated