• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ok this is my stupid question...

Re: Electrical Safties

K8PG said:
I was not belittleng anyone-its just the way you think
PAUL K8PG-CW LIVES
25-70 WPM-7.028 MHZ.daily
come join us any time
.....................No, it's just what I've read (and just mabye I'm not the only one who's read your name calling.....for no just reason) I guess telling someone about the safety factor with electricity and that they should learn as much as they can......comes across alot better than saying that you'll read thier name in the obits. That's the way I think.

let me try to clear this

cb's have channels so its easier for the uneducated public to operate.

Absolutely unbelievable,why do they put memory CHANNELS on ham radios,is that for uneducated hams to use the radio after they get an educated ham to programme it for them? curiosity is killing me on that one.

incidentally most pirate cb operators don't use channels,they use frequencies too and many are educated in radio far beyond the scope of your average ham who nowadays buys black box equipment and off the shelf antennas and hasn't got a clue how to either repair or build his own gear.

infact you will find many of the cb pirates are infact some of the most intelligent hams as well.they use cb frequencies because they enjoy operating in a relaxed laid back manner and never forgot their roots.

95% of 10m phone transmissions are done via upper sideband, the remaining balance is fm use for repeaters. am is not used much at all. most early hf rigs did not have am, it wasnt untill the 70's that am started to be built into the radios. cw is the most common way to transmit on 10m.

This is incorrect. CW came first, then AM, way before sideband, and then ssb was discovered. When ssb got to be the primary mode of phone, the companies started removing the am capability on some radios.

PR

Very helpful indeed........ "And that is why we will continue to hear "I would really like to get on the 40m (or whatever) band but I can't figure out how to make a dipole for it". Don't laugh I have heard extras say that. No technical background at all means not knowing how to operate a clean station in a LOT of cases." QRN, well said.

I was just listening to a new general complaining because no one would come to build him an antenns, and how nobody responded when he threw his call out on 80, and he is running a hamstick for a base antenna.

PR

I was just listening to a new general complaining because no one would come to build him an antenns, and how nobody responded when he threw his call out on 80, and he is running a hamstick for a base antenna.

PR

i just can't resist..... don't you mean "fixed station" antenna :D:D:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.