• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"On A Day Like Today....

hobie102

Feb 25, 2014
So, what does everyone do on a day like today when everything is encased in ice and there's no DX. Dead, zero, zitch, nada, bupkiss.......

Here's what I'm doing:

*Made a new patch cable to interface the meter. (Other was that RS crap that I never trusted)

*Dreaming and plotting future antenna projects

*Finishing the spreadsheet layout for the log book

*Trying different head units for the cb audio monitoring (Using a set of studio reference monitors...I know overkill!)

*Playing here with the "Big Dogs" on the forum

The only ice we get comes in a bag. Or you can make some if you have a freezer. 75° today and cloudy, 12%Rh, 12mph from the north.

w9cll, that's what the wife is for.:LOL: At least you're doing something productive.

Once Bitten, I can't even imagine what 75 would feel like! I hope it comes slow as my blood is thick and acclimated to months of this #%*!!

The silence is deafening on 38. I just flipped the radio on and nothing. There's this weird ice fog all in the valley here. Sun is out but shrouded. I gotta get outta this place!{Cry_river}

UK a few times this am but other than that not even the Blue Waffle coming in here . An Hobie what happened to bowling? Haaa !! Me , I,m waiting for my wife's new PC to get delivered supposed to be here today . We been married almost 40 years but when it come to a computer we argue . Go figure ! Let the FUN begin ! I just hope it gets here before she gets home from work .

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

UK a few times this am but other than that not even the Blue Waffle coming in here . An Hobie what happened to bowling? Haaa !! Me , I,m waiting for my wife's new PC to get delivered supposed to be here today . We been married almost 40 years but when it come to a computer we argue . Go figure ! Let the FUN begin ! I just hope it gets here before she gets home from work .

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

Ha! More new toys? Man you're on a roll! Bowled on the Wii with my daughter this afternoon. She got a 124. She's 14 w/Downs Syndrome. She kicked butt. She's my best bud and a total clown. Love hangin' with that kid. Plowed out the iceberg covered driveway. Almost destroyed my atv with the thawed ground, 3 inches of slush on top of that then 3 inches of snow above that. I'd go about 6 feet then it would dig in and almost throw me over the handlebars. What a joke!

Mowed whats left of my sun scorched lawn, (in shorts with my shirt off) then had a few ice cold beers.:D

WHAT THE ........ You just had to throw that in there didn't ya!<can not stand it><can not stand it><can not stand it>

Your really going to hate me now.Surfs up were heading down to the Gold coast for a day of Sun Surf Sand Suds and Sheilas. life's a real beach in SE Queensland this time of year.

I don't really hear much anymore, occiasionally hearing calls from europe and australia, not really much in the states. even the AM skip is quiet for me. is the solar cycle over? Nothing like it was in winter. I haven't made a contact in weeks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.