• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

One test or two

DragoSapien

KF5AEJ
Dec 28, 2008
Ft.Stockton, Tx.
Just a quick question for you all. I was reading in the technician book and it was showing that there are two test that have to be taken for the tech. lic.. Is this correct.

Just a quick question for you all. I was reading in the technician book and it was showing that there are two test that have to be taken for the tech. lic.. Is this correct.

No; it is a 35 question test that allows you no more than seven answers wrong.
Go to www.qrz.com and look for the practice quiz page link in the middle of the left-hand column. You will find it there. Use practice test 1-11 or 12-23 or - and so on- as they will be repeating themselves in multiples of the first 11. If you have problems with the nature of some of the question, use your browser and look up and study to understand your weak points.
Or ask questions here if you want!

DragoSapien,
Sounds like you have an outdated book. Have to be sort of careful about that, the question 'pool' changes every so many years, and so do the study guides. Won't go so far as to say it's not possible to pass a test without an up to date study guide, but it's sure a lot easier.
- 'Doc

I got this one from a local club. So I was sure it was the new one.

9639.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.