• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original Stryker....Shawn!

DTB Radio said:
Here's the main one: Change R35 from a 0 ohm (thats right, 0) to a 5.6-6.8k ohm. R35 is a surface-mount near the FM demodiulation IC.

Does it matter if it's the 5.6k or 6.8k??

Marty said:
DCowboys said:
Marty said:
I talked to a person several times that bought a Stryker radio about a week ago and his radio sounded very clear from 6 miles away and he said I sounded loud on my stock Uniden 78 XL on my A-99 on a 20 foot TV antenna pole.

No one said the radio couldn't talk.

I guess what I was getting at was that he could hear my barefoot radio pretty good on channel 19 from 6 miles away. rooooogerrrrrrr :LOL:

I talk to him today and he said he had the Stryker SR 440. It must be the new one's because he bought it a month ago.

The 440hp seems to hear fine, just has alot of noise coming in with the receiver audio. This is what most complain about.

I did the R35 resistor change. I used a 5.8k ohm R.

Just real quick check to see if the radio still work, found that a weak signal came in noise free. I haven't driven around yet but a quick check from another mobile in the yard hit the receiver just as hard as before with concern to the strength via lbs.

Looks as if this little mod is doing the trick so far and really well if I havent' lost any range.

Well, after driving around all day seems as if not much really changed.

Seems to have helped a bit in that the RF gain need not be turned up as high yet there still is noise coming in with the audio under weaker signal strength.

It didn't make it like the old 148GTL receiver.

Shawn, is the trace cut separating the two solder legs for the cap? Looks like it just making sure.

Thanks, Dave

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.