• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

OUCH!!!!! %$$%:**&$

I imagine it throbbed like crazy for days. Cutting down in to the nail bed hurts like a "B." The worst I ever did was an air powered framing nailer to the outside of the foot. Missed the foot but ruined a new work boot. Unless you count the time a 9" angle grinder tore right through my leather welding glove, Or maybe it could be.....
You get the idea. Power tools and I do not play well with together.

Damn bro. Looks like that hacksaw was powered by a kilowatt!
When you hit the skin you should stop, Not wait till you are bone deep!

But I get more sympathy that way. Yeah I believe it went to the bone from the looks and feels of it. It happened lightning fast.It's funny how such things affect you. I was getting ready for work last night and realized I had a big problem putting my left work boot on as I could not grip the back of it and pull it on over my heel. The thumb was just too painful to grip and squeeze my foot in. It made for an interesting moment and a funky knot tying experience. I bumped it hard last night too.....of course. :eek: Hurt like a Mo-Fo for a few minutes and it opened up a little bit. Replaced the dressing with fresh Steri-Strips and bandaids and all is well again as long as I don't bang it again. :confused:

My big error was not seeing that what I had clamped in the vise was not positioned good and it slipped as I was sawing a dowel pin off. Well attempting to cut the dowel pin off. I was rudely interrupted in the process by a hacksaw blade entering my thumb. :confused:

My big error was not seeing that what I had clamped in the vise was not positioned good and it slipped as I was sawing a dowel pin off. Well attempting to cut the dowel pin off. I was rudely interrupted in the process by a hacksaw blade entering my thumb. :confused:
At least you stopped short of whacking anything off. My dad used to do woodwork. One day he was distracted and cut the end of his thumb off on a table saw. He got $600 from the insurance company for that little mishap. That money went to buy fuel oil for his home's heaters.

The closest I ever come to being hurt by a table saw was when a piece of waste about 1x2x2 inches made it's way between the rip fence and the blade. iIbent over to switch the saw off before removing the piece of oak waste and just as I bent over the piece moved by vibration and ran into the blade. That small piece of wood went from zero to about a bazillion miles an hour in a split second. It flew back and struck me in the face right on my right cheek bone.I came out of it with a small cut, a rather obvious purple/black bruise and many thanks it didn't hit me an inch higher or it would have got me in the eye. I own almost every hand tool known to man both power and hand tools and several pieces of woodworking tools like table saw, drill press, planer, jointer, router etc and have never hurt myself using any of them other than the above mentioned incident and the usual skinned knuckle.

well there was that one time when the drill press vice was not secured and the drill bit caught in the piece of brass I was drilling which caused the vice to rotate at the speed of lightning and strike my left wristbone. Got a small scar and a cracked left trapezium bone, the small bone in the wrist at the base of the thumb.

when I was 13 or so we had school budget cuts. the woodshop teacher was laid off, and woodshop was taught by the art teacher. she removed several fingers with a table saw before the year was up.

Been there CK. With a razor knife no less. Nail and all. Darn painful under that nail!! I am sure if you weren't 100% awake you were as soon as that happened!! Hope it is healing well. Take care!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.