• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Over the air tv interference

Check it, because if your antenna is in different polarity than transmitter antenna signal loss is huge. In my country in some areas it is vertical, other areas horizontal polarization.

Reactions: Rwb
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Television_Frequencies

Look at the frequency chart I linked above. The filter I mentioned earlier passes the TV frequencies, and filters below that which will include the CB band.

I had an Antron splatter stick about 15 feet away from the TV antenna. Four watt radio would cause squiggly lines on the TV. Amp on and there was no picture. Filter fixed my problem.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Snippits, i ordered a similar filter from amazon a few days ago.
It does same function as one u posted. It should be here tomorrow and i will give it a shot.

Mike my current tv transmitters i receive range from 16 miles to 65 miles away

There is a problem with strong RF field, not harmonics, so filter won't help.
What 5/8 antenna you are using?
i believe we are on same page on his tv. weak signal n a low watt radio over rides tv reception . filters wont help either. but bad tv coax can contribute as well as connections

Reactions: sp5it
Last night i moved the sirio to the back corner of my shop. This is 25 feet further away from the tv antenna. Now i can talk barefoot without tv interference .
Still cant transmit using the rm 503hd without upsetting the tv.

I have the 3rd rod. I have my antenna mountwd on a counter lever bracket i made so that when storms are coming i can pull a string and the antenna lays down on the shop roof.
With only 2 ground plane rods it is shaped like a T
If i added 3rd when it kayed down i would have a 51 inch rod sticking straight up.
What does using or not using the ground plane rods accomplish?

I have the 3rd rod. I have my antenna mountwd on a counter lever bracket i made so that when storms are coming i can pull a string and the antenna lays down on the shop roof.
With only 2 ground plane rods it is shaped like a T
If i added 3rd when it kayed down i would have a 51 inch rod sticking straight up.
What does using or not using the ground plane rods accomplish?
I think the ground plane rods mostly effect the radiation pattern and maybe the SWR. I was thinking along the lines of common mode currents and was wondering if this was the cause of your problem? Do you still have the problem with all of them installed?

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
How old is the TV antenna coax? It typically has a lifespan of around a decade but here in the UK it's not uncommon for houses to have cable that's 20-30 years old and the first people know of an issue is when water is coming out of the cable at the TV end.

Install the third ground radial. It's not optional and without it your coax could be radiating interference.

Reactions: Rwb
Okay guys check this out.
I changed the cheap gas station rg8x coax out for a expensive lmr400 and added the 3rd radial to the base. 99 percent of the interference went away on 1 of my tvs. Ironically the tv antenna furthest away from the cb sirio antenna still recieved interference. (The 2 week old one)
So i reconnected the original tv antennna to that tv and problem solved on am using the 503hd
On lsb with 503hd theres a minimal interference on a few tv channels. I assume those are the weak channels.
On a side note the tv coax hi pass filter didnt help at all

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yep
All were tight on the 2 week old tv antenna and amplifier.
I think it was prob the onn brand amplifier receiving interference on the new attic tv antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated