• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar MAX-MOD

If it's running hot add more heatsink to the stock regulator. I used to put heatsinks on uniden grants and cobra 148s. I like to talk a lot and this kept the part much cooler.

I look at it this way...
upload_2020-4-2_19-28-35.png

Relativistic Speaking...
Size Dimensioning alone...​

If you can fit it in there, there's no one to stop you from doing so...
But if you need to cut, bend - trim - or SPINDLE to make it fit - then it does NOT belong there...

This was - and still is, one of many lessons learned by any newbie Tech
MURPHYS COLLORARY 43b:
ON BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER;
  • - if it don't fit or even look like the part that it's going to replace, it probably don't

Last edited:
Thanks guys I do have one laying round wanted to experiment but seems from results here not worth it
What works for one radio may not work for another they are like women you will never know untill you try iam here to tell you the waters fine jump on in it works on my blonde 2950 hello

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated