• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Peel 'N Stick variable key for the Cobra 29 radios. No joke.

I bought a 29ltd from @NightThumper a few months back that was done up by bells cb. I'm thinking it's a good recipient for an rdx95 donation so now scrolling though this thread for ideas to accompany the modification.

Decisions Decisions

I bought a 29ltd from @NightThumper a few months back that was done up by bells cb. I'm thinking it's a good recipient for an rdx95 donation so now scrolling though this thread for ideas to accompany the modification.

Decisions Decisions
Off the top of my head, my favorite mods for the 29 are to reduce the negative feedback to the audio amp to increase the audio. This works great with the Astatic 636 and makes it loud like a power mic. Then another mod to reduce the modulation limiter attack rate to keep it from clamping and makes it essentially a compressor of sorts. I will see if I can dig up the thread.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Off the top of my head, my favorite mods for the 29 are to reduce the negative feedback to the audio amp to increase the audio. This works great with the Astatic 636 and makes it loud like a power mic. Then another mod to reduce the modulation limiter attack rate to keep it from clamping and makes it essentially a compressor of sorts. I will see if I can dig up the thread.
Thank you sir,
Please explaine a little more on the audio amp mod as well. I remember you did a write up to that same type mod on the galaxy chassis so it's one to definitely consider.
The limiter mod sounds nice too.

Thank you sir,
Please explaine a little more on the audio amp mod as well. I remember you did a write up to that same type mod on the galaxy chassis so it's one to definitely consider.
The limiter mod sounds nice too.
Found the thread:

Basically the audio amp mod increases the audio gain. The max audio level is limited by the negative feedback resistor. The size of the resistor determines the gain and can be changed if you want to match the audio level you need. The mic level knob on the radio will allow you to turn it down if necessary on the fly too.

Found the thread:

Basically the audio amp mod increases the audio gain. The max audio level is limited by the negative feedback resistor. The size of the resistor determines the gain and can be changed if you want to match the audio level you need. The mic level knob on the radio will allow you to turn it down if necessary on the fly too.
Edit: Its not the negative feed back resistor. It is in the Galaxy though. In the 29 it changes the bias of the transistor to make it "conduct more".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.