• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pray for Tsumani victims

Oldtimer

May 20, 2008
Stuart Florida
I know this post is in the wrong spot but I'm not a premium subcriber and I had to get this in here somewhere. Sorry!!!!!!!
I ask the Lord to be with all the Tsumani victims and help them cope with the tragedy and loss's they have been subject to.
I'm asking that all the people that didnt survive knew the Lord and are with him now.
I ask this in Jesus name Amen Amen
If any of y'all were in that situation you would want all the help ya can get.
God Bless them all

Last edited:

Amen.
My brother is there, USAF, I called them this morning, All Air Force Personal on base had been accounted for when I spoke to them with no injury's on base.
The Video on the news this morning was the most inconceivable thing i have ever seen the way the wall of water trashed everything in its path.

Jeff

I ask the Lord to be with all the Tsumani victims and help them cope with the tragedy and loss's they have been subject to.
I'm asking that all the people that didnt survive knew the Lord and are with him now.
I ask this in Jesus name Amen Amen
If any of y'all were in that situation you would want all the help ya can get.
God Bless them all

Maybe God shouldn't have made the earthquake in the first place. It's all His fault to begin with.

Maybe God shouldn't have made the earthquake in the first place. It's all His fault to begin with.

It don`t matter what you believe in, God, Buddha, Fate Or Random Occurrence,
there are things we do as human, one is compassion for other humans who are suffering.
No different than if the community that you or I live in is hit by a natural disaster.

Jeff

It don`t matter what you believe in, God, Buddha, Fate Or Random Occurrence,
there are things we do as human, one is compassion for other humans who are suffering.
No different than if the community that you or I live in is hit by a natural disaster.

I never said don't have compassion for the victims. My point is by praying to some mythical god it does absolutely nothing to help the victims of the disaster. The only thing it accomplishes is it makes the person doing the praying feel better about himself because he's convinced he's helping. Sounds pretty self-centered to me.

Feel sorry for the victims and want to help? Then why don't you make a donation to the Red Cross. Then you might actually help them out, even in some small way. But don't ever delude yourself into thinking that just because you sat at home praying makes even the tiniest bit of difference to the victims, because it doesn't.

I never said don't have compassion for the victims. My point is by praying to some mythical god it does absolutely nothing to help the victims of the disaster. The only thing it accomplishes is it makes the person doing the praying feel better about himself because he's convinced he's helping. Sounds pretty self-centered to me.

Feel sorry for the victims and want to help? Then why don't you make a donation to the Red Cross. Then you might actually help them out, even in some small way. But don't ever delude yourself into thinking that just because you sat at home praying makes even the tiniest bit of difference to the victims, because it doesn't.

There is a separate section to discuss things of a political or religious nature. You are free to believe in what you want so please extend that courtesy to others.This thread is not the place to refute someone's beliefs. As for contributing to the Red Cross, I would rather contribute to an organization that does not spend 70% of it's income on administration.

There is a separate section to discuss things of a political or religious nature. You are free to believe in what you want so please extend that courtesy to others.This thread is not the place to refute someone's beliefs.

I didn't start this thread, so if anyone made the mistake of posting a religious discussion in the wrong place, talk to Oldtimer, not me. I merely responded to a thread already in progress. And if you don't like people refuting your beliefs, then maybe you shouldn't flaunt them in public on a discussion board, because that's what happens. You post an idea and others share their opinions, which are often different than yours.

I'm not trying to piss anybody off, just posting my beliefs so others now have the chance to refute them and give their opinions, too.

As for contributing to the Red Cross, I would rather contribute to an organization that does not spend 70% of it's income on administration.

Yeah, but they're still better than those crooks at the United Way. Which, admittedly, isn't saying much.

My point was that this is an OK place to make the original post as it is not discussing religion persay. I just did not want it to digress into a discussion about whether or not there is a God etc. That has happened before and never ends well.

The only reason I posted it here is like I said I am not and cannot afford to be a premium member and post it the proper place and I feel this was the only way to express my sympathy and using my belief to try and help people. Also like I stated if anyone on this forum were in trouble like Japan is you would want help any way you can get it.
Enough said.
God Bless You All

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.