• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator 10K gets smoked by a Monkey .....LAST NIGHT !!!!!

Re: mm smoked 10 -k

buckshot said:
jjohnson said:
Now get yourself a wilson and be done.

Just curious what kind of meter ? dosy, ratshack ?

Who's talking about meters here. If you must know a bird 43p.
Now get yourself a wilson 5000 and be done.

Re: mm smoked 10 -k

jjohnson said:
buckshot said:
jjohnson said:
Now get yourself a wilson and be done.

Just curious what kind of meter ? dosy, ratshack ?

Who's talking about meters here. If you must know a bird 43p.
Now get yourself a wilson 5000 and be done.

HAHA, I quoted the wrong guy, I was talking to smaltirdert.

10k rules

freecell said:
now, get rid of the amp and set up a base as a listening station then drag that truck out to 60 miles and run the tests again.

Actually i have done just that i had made comparision with and without amp tha my freinds base

without amp

10k 5s-units

102 3 s-units

wilson 3 s-units

monkey stick 3 s-units

with amp

10k 9-10 s-units

102 6 s-units

wilson 6-7 s-units

monkey stick 6 s-units

i did these test during the day on saturday

booya!!!!!

Re: 10k rules

Take a good look at Redwings findings. Go with a wilson and no big bulky antenna weighting down on your roof.

antenna

jj your right if he want something low profile and can hanlle so decent power the wilson 5000 is the way to go u run a 10k becuase of the type of power i run in my mobile . Icant keep a wilson for more than a year before i burn them up .

Different stroke for diffent folk :D

Re: antenna

Handles a 8pill fine. I'm happy. I took of my 10k and haven't notice any difference. I could live with 1 or 2 s units.

A 19" 10K weighs about the same as a wilson 5K. The Wilson wont handle as much power, the loads break easy, 2 S-units less, anfd they cost about the same......Why would you buy a wilson??

I used to run a 5K and replaced it with a 10K. I notices a HUGE diference in RX immediatly. Cant work them if you cant hear them

jj, you maybe right. You may not notice any difference between a 10K and a Wilson....But bet the guy's on the other-end can tell a difference ;)

Also RedWing, your result's look about right. I did a comparison on those antennas before too, and thats about the same results I had too. Except seems like I had the MM over the other's and closer to the 10K.

just havent compared the Coily yet. I'm betting it's going to be real close to the 10K...maybe beter? We'll see!

bob85...stay tuned!

frmboybuck said:
A 19" 10K weighs about the same as a wilson 5K. The Wilson wont handle as much power, the loads break easy, 2 S-units less, anfd they cost about the same......Why would you buy a wilson??

I used to run a 5K and replaced it with a 10K. I notices a HUGE diference in RX immediatly. Cant work them if you cant hear them

How can you honestly say that. The wilson is a base loaded coil. Everything sits at the bottom. Thiers a big difference between a solid antenna standing straight up in the air doing 80mph. Now don't get me wrong, I think Kale makes an excellent antenna it's just too bulky for me. I'm running an eight pill and changed the coax to rg213u. The wilson 5000 is sufficent for me. As far as hearing them, If I can't hear them then thier ducks.....

jj...I know what he's getting at with the Wilson 5000 mag. mount antenna..

The load in the base of that antenna is not that strong, and evedently brittle. I have had two of these antennas. One that was on my burb, the stinger hit a tree limb, and the thing flipped off the back of the Burb, and was hanging by the coax by the rear window's. Stoped the truck, put it back on, but it never worked again! You could shake the thing, and hear the coil rattle around inside it's case.

Second one (which I ran out and bought right after I broke the first one) I was running my 8-pill @ 18v's, and after about a week or two, I lost my ground to the antenna....swr went to hell, thought I had blew a pill, but went to check the swr on the antenna, and it was pegging my MFJ @ around 3.5 (was 1.5)

And found out again....coil had come un-yo-yo'ed inside the base AGAIN! This time, it had never came off....from hitting trees anyway...by the way, if you want that antenna, it's in the bottom of Lake Fork now!;)

This can not happen to a 10K...and "if" something does get broke on a 10K, It's guaranteed for ever! Is Wilson???

I can honestly say that because its the cold, hard TRUTH. Im not talking about the magmount....Im talking about the trucker type. Same as the 10K, the load is in the middle. There is NO comparison between the wilson and the 10K. Its night and day. I can talk to those "mud ducks" all day long with my 10K. Thats the difference in winning and loosing to me.

frmboybuck said:
I can honestly say that because its the cold, hard TRUTH. Im not talking about the magmount....Im talking about the trucker type. Same as the 10K, the load is in the middle. There is NO comparison between the wilson and the 10K. Its night and day. I can talk to those "mud ducks" all day long with my 10K. Thats the difference in winning and loosing to me.
Basicaly made the same as the Mag Mount...same type coil...Just come's apart to easy...may have something to do with where it's made! "made in Mexico" (some from Japan)

Predator 10K >>>"Made in Texas!"...everything in Texas is "bigger!" 8)

Well thier you go. I don't run a magmount. I have the roof mount. Drilled a 3/4 hole. No loose parts on my end. Like I said, I think Kale makes a great antenna but I haven't noticed any difference since changing. I don't know how any of the magmounts or trucker mounts works but the roof mount works great.

dxChat
Help Users