• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator 10K gets smoked by a Monkey .....LAST NIGHT !!!!!

Re: 10k rules

redwing21 said:
freecell said:
now, get rid of the amp and set up a base as a listening station then drag that truck out to 60 miles and run the tests again.

Actually i have done just that i had made comparision with and without amp tha my freinds base

without amp

10k 5s-units

102 3 s-units

wilson 3 s-units

monkey stick 3 s-units

with amp

10k 9-10 s-units

102 6 s-units

wilson 6-7 s-units

monkey stick 6 s-units

i did these test during the day on saturday

booya!!!!!

redwing21

Ihave a ford f-150 i wanna get a 27" 10k also were do u have yours mounted

I have my 10k 27in shaft mounted on the rail behind the cab, ( dodge ram pickemup).
Works swell. :)

frmboybuck said:
jjohnson said:
Winning and losing what????
Contests, contacts, Keydown......Whatever you wish. Not many Wilson antennas in the Keydowns

I've never seen a keydown with coils. The only ones's I've seen were kales 10k' crutches which got beat in the final rounds. Everyone at keydowns are using fighting sticks not coils.

Im not talking only about keydowns......Even normal everyday talking, the 10K will out hear the 5K. Ive seen it done. The only antenna that I have ever seen compare to the 10K is the 102" steel whip

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
jjohnson said:
frmboybuck said:
jjohnson said:
Winning and losing what????
Contests, contacts, Keydown......Whatever you wish. Not many Wilson antennas in the Keydowns

I've never seen a keydown with coils. The only ones's I've seen were kales 10k' crutches which got beat in the final rounds. Everyone at keydowns are using fighting sticks not coils.
jjohson, the crutches was not my antennas. They was antennas created by Judge Roy Bean ( 51 in Dallas). You're right. He got beat in the final rounds after shutting down 4 in the 4 pill class. There was 10 that entered in the 4 pill class and he had to key 4 times and went to the finals and keyed against 13Virginia. Judge has won more key downs in the Dallas Fortworth area than anyone in the metroplex. Kale

buckshot said:
I have my 10k 27in shaft mounted on the rail behind the cab, ( dodge ram pickemup).
Works swell. :)

cool i wanna put on on my ford work truck so i kind know how it will work now i guess i will be callin kale for another 27 inch antnne those things r sweet

I know the results Kale. He did a kick ass job. Pretty hard to believe, but he did a great job with them.

I replaced my Wilson 5000 mag mount with a Pro Am Tri Mag mount and have been testing it with a 102 stationary, 12 and 17 inch Predator 10K, a 15 inch Mr. Coily, and a 12 inch shaft Monkey Made. All of them, in my opinion, blow the 5000 away in base to mobile and mobile to mobile tests at 1, 3, 5, and 10 miles with a Uniden PC 78 regular power. The 102 usually wins but the Predator 17 inch and Mr. Coily 15 inch are very close. I just got a hold of the 12 inch Monkey Made MM-5 and will let you know what I come up with.

No doubt Kale makes a lightweight very well built center loaded antenna with great customer servce and a lifetime warranty. Also Kale's antenna can be repaired more easily than all of them should something happen.

Dan's Coily is good also just heavier. Hope this helps.

I replaced a W5K with a 19" 10K and it was night and day difference. It was unbelievable the difference in RX. I run a 102 on my pickup and the 10K on my big truck. I wouldnt have it any other way

10k223 said:
Judge has won more key downs in the Dallas Fortworth area than anyone in the metroplex. Kale

Kale, Give me a break. That is false information.

jessejamesdallas said:
Only reason it could be false, is because I never compeat in those "Key-downs" ;) Guess someday I may have to break-down and do some Smoken! :lol :beer

Kale knows what I mean, I have 4 times the trophies Judge does.
Judge has never beat my truck in any keydowns.
I mark the bottom of every trophie of who I won them from.
6 of them have Judges name on the bottom, 4 pill and 2 pill classes. Judge never competed in any classes larger than 2 and 4 pill classes. I used to do it every other weekend from here to east coast and back.
I have over 82 trophies.
I miss it.
I am in the process of putting another mobile together, I cannot wait :D :D

Hurd nothing but good, about your set-up's. and amps. So Im sure when you get everything set-back-up. It's going to be a Killer-rig...Cant wait to hear ya out there.....Something ever happens to my Bully Box's Chad made, I'm going to have to give you a holler too. Hope you get back to building again soon! :bounce

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio