• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Antenna's

Hell, I’ve had my truck a dozen years and never got “serious” (past planning), until the Quiet Eleven Meter thread cracked me up one night.

Installing RF bonds today, as it so happens.

The hole comes later (but I do have the chassis punch).

Greetings from another “old trucker”.

Somewhere around here you posted some reference measurements on your Texas....and I have to ask cause I walked up to the pickup this morning and the top whip is gone.

Cut a Wilson whip to give and OAL of 83.5” base of coil to tip. Plugged in VNA...dead nuts at 27.550.

Works for me. And now I have a metal topper. Now to get some set screws that aren’t made from cheese.

Reactions: Slowmover
KRYLON Fusion aerosol paint will do about anything plastic. Gloss or semi-gloss.

Silky and velvety smooth as I expected; the audio is definitely less brash than the full-on chrome version, and with a bit of a darker tone, according the the local crew.

SWR went up a tad, it appears some RF is now sticking to the matte coil (it slipped right off before). Less of a problem over 25mph...the wind helps, I think...but no major bother either way.

Nothing but compliments local and all over DX land.

B9FABA5B-3E03-4C2C-B2F0-E76AF27EDB2B.jpeg

Silky and velvety smooth as I expected; the audio is definitely less brash than the full-on chrome version, and with a bit of a darker tone, according the the local crew.

SWR went up a tad, it appears some RF is now sticking to the matte coil (it slipped right off before). Less of a problem over 25mph...the wind helps, I think...but no major bother either way.

Nothing but compliments local and all over DX land.

View attachment 36891

Funny, in just the right way.

For more, read audiophile reviews of Kimber Cables or other questionable upgrades. You’ll return from that quest with phrases enough to fill a writers quiver twice over.

Reactions: 2NC995
Funny, in just the right way.

For more, read audiophile reviews of Kimber Cables or other questionable upgrades. You’ll return from that quest with phrases enough to fill a writers quiver twice over.

More seriously...paint seems good. I’ve never used it; always wondered.

Wiped once with denatured alcohol, and went to town.

Reactions: Slowmover
More seriously...paint seems good. I’ve never used it; always wondered.

Wiped once with denatured alcohol, and went to town.

Unless I’m painting bare wood, I only buy that type (several competitors).

My test was some outdoor plastic patio furniture. Told my wife I’d try, but to regard as experiment.

There’s no going back after that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.