1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

President Jackson export does not key

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Lkaskel, May 24, 2021.

1. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Probably the smartest thing to check first.

Dmans likes this.

2. Lkaskel

Lkaskel Active Member

Alright men, here is my update (after being out of town for work for a few weeks). I decided to start with a re-cap as that would need to be done anyway. Don't you know, after that it began transmitting. YAY!!!! The alignment doc (service manual) I downloaded had a number of errors in it but I was able to get it through an alignment as well. The only issue I see is that on AM transmit it the power shows a backwards reading on my bird meter when I set it to 10 watts (per the manual). I re-aligned the transmit section again and the only way it will forward drive is if I set it to 5 watts. I am wondering if the alignment specs are not right. The manual I used is from CBTricks President/Jackson.

3. Dmans

Dmans Sr. Member

Lkaskel,
    I just finished one of these a week or two ago for a friend using the same manual and the attached as a "supplement". The attached is Lou Franklin's work and has some good tips for this chassis. (Check page 18 AND 19).

http://www.zen96216.zen.co.uk/cb/uniden-esm.htm

I am pretty certain that bad and leaky electrolytic kept the one I repaired from transmitting as well.

Good Luck

David

4. 999

999 Well-Known Member

That is very typical of the Jackson. Every one that I have seen does that. You will see good forward peak numbers, but the average swings backwards on AM.

tecnicoloco likes this.
  5. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

The AM modulator in that radio is the same chintzy circuit used in the HR2510 radio. Not a record-setter.

tecnicoloco likes this.