• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln 2 ver. 3 VS. President George overall performance requesting input...

Hey RetroCbGuy

I just had a discussion with somebody on a Facebook forum about this same topic inly it was a PL2 vs a 99v2. He got the PL2 in today. Curious how "both" you guys like it. Post back.

PS: just ordered a YetiCom Optima from the dealer today. I like to change radios either in car or shop every 3 months. I had the PL2 for a year so I must have like it.

Hey there, Yeah I got my Lincoln 2 today in fact but have not opened and unpacked it yet... Also I was thinking of trying the Optima MK 3 but can't find one reasonbly priced with what I want done to it. Of course 11 meters must be part of the mods done for me. And bro I will let you know for sure how I like and my impressions here. Sending a IM to you as well CBradiosPronto dude...

73's, Retro

The optima mk3 comes already opened up from 24.500-29.999. Simple radio that kicks butt. And they can be had for about $300 with output of 50-60 watts on SSB. And ordering from Yeticom you will get the new mic that is supposed to sound good. Will have to wait for a review.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
The optima mk3 comes already opened up from 24.500-29.999. Simple radio that kicks butt. And they can be had for about $300 with output of 50-60 watts on SSB. And ordering from Yeticom you will get the new mic that is supposed to sound good. Will have to wait for a review.

Yeah just picked one up now !!! So now I'll know all the fluff and what's going on with this thing... Latest version like new condition so I'm set.

73's, Retro

Reactions: 222DBFL
Give us a good shake down. I know what they sound like with a Icom hm36 so if it's anything close to that it will rock. I'm sure that it will be a better one than the old ones that is for sure. And Mike at Yeticom does great work. Worth the extra dollars to get it from there. But I don't regret getting the one I got if you know what I mean ;).

So, am I correct is saying RetroGuy got the Lincoln from somebody that bought it from me and 2222 got the Optima from me? That's awesome. And to think I've been off this forum for a year.

Re the Optima. I just bought another one from a US supplier (they don't get it through Mike in NZ so it doesn't have the updated mic). The mic hasn't changed from a year ago and a mod is highly recommended, however; I'm a huge fan of noise cancelling mics. I love the ranger SRA-198. I use it with everything. The YetiCom, however, has low audio output since it "requires" a powered mic. In order to use my ranger 198 NC mic or my Bluetooth headset radio/phone mic (don't judge me), I cranked the modulation wide open on the inside. Of course, using the Yeti mic or the Icom mic puts the audio way over the red line but I don't use them anyway. I think the audio is better through the Ranger sra-198 than the Icom or YetiCom mic. If I do use a powered mic, the mic gain does need to be cut way back.

Just FYI for those that use this radio in a noisy, or mobile, environment.

Also, I will say this about the optima, it really makes other radios, coming through the receive, sound a lot better. I think the biggest SSB feature is still the default 5khz step.

One gripe I have is the SSB filter does not work. The orange light turns on but, unlike the previous one I owned, it makes no difference on SSB. That was a great feature, as I recall.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.