• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President McKinley

I think somewhere in the radio settings menu is an adjustment to change from electret mic to dynamic.
I think the EU version does. I couldn't find it in my menu?

Have you adjusted AM and SSB modulation on the radio? Both mine were set low from President. Would swing to 5-6w from DK. Now AM and SSB swing to 12w. Also made a difference in being heard.
Ya I have it bumped up. In my truck its fine and works great.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Ok so the radio is tip top.

I am sure there has to be a thread or vid on modding a noise canceling mic. The only thing is I would think in making the mic hotter it will defeat the noise cancelling thing?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Reactions: Mustang 131
I think somewhere in the radio settings menu is an adjustment to change from electret mic to dynamic.

There is one for VOX. Several functions (Sensitivity, Anti-VOX, and Delay). An optional VOX mic available. (MINI Mike Hands free)

I don’t see specific wording about electret versus dynamic.

— Menu has

RF POWER
MIC GAIN
TALKBACK

Submit a request to the .357 twins about a sock

I would try a d104m6b. Set it between 2 and 3 on the back and adjust the rest from the radio menu.
I dont think that one is a noise canceling? I actually know someone with that mic next time I run in to them I will see if they will try it on my radio. The Road Devil mic looks like the one I want but its that RED that just screams SLICE THE SOFTTOP AND STEEL ME. It is a power mic and noise canceling.

Off topic but I got my Lincoln II+ for my work truck because I want 10M. The 636L mic Just Werked(tm) on it. I spent a little time with the golden screwdriver today and I got this radio sounding sharp. With the Linc at $220 and the McK at $180 I think its very, very much worth the extra 40bux.

I got a second hand almost new President McKinley USA model from a guy who didn’t want it because it does not have the freeband frequencies.

I did a quick search on Google and could find a modification for it. Is is a switchmode module. There are a couple of YouTube videos on how to install it in order to have the free bands.

Will that module will work in a USA model ?

I got a second hand almost new President McKinley USA model from a guy who didn’t want it because it does not have the freeband frequencies.

I did a quick search on Google and could find a modification for it. Is is a switchmode module. There are a couple of YouTube videos on how to install it in order to have the free bands.

Will that module will work in a USA model ?

No that is for the EU model. USA is 40 channels only.

I have the EU version of the McKinley can it be turned down enough in the menu to run a TX Star 250 hd?

Probably more like AM carrier of 4W Low and 10W High from the factory? Looking at the service manual is says set AM at 10W on high. I thought it was listed as a 4W radio so it was surprising to see that but I think in export mode it does the 10W perhaps.

You'll need to test in the menu and see what the setting are but worst case you should be able to turn it down fairly easily inside if necessary to around 1.5-2W for the Texas Star. Just be careful you don't put 10W into it :)

https://simonthewizard.files.wordpr...service-manual-mc-kinley-eu-gd-13-06-2019.pdf

Reactions: Alexis Mercado

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated