• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Ronald Service Manual

Dave241,
Have you adjusted the power output for the President Ronald in the Service Menu?
When I enter the service menu, for different mods there are two selections. If I press in the Channel selector knob, the numbers on the far right go up from 1-12. I noticed that once I exit the service menu, the number on the far right is not being saved into memory and each time reverts back to zero. Do you know how to save the settings in the service menu?
Thank you.

Below from the President Ronald Manual. Maybe the source of the problem??

Then again, The Devil works in mysterious ways!

11) MIC TYPE
The PRESIDENT RONALD 10/12 M can be used with the electret microphone
as well as with the dynamic one, 6-pin PRESIDENT (see the cabling diagram
page 71).
Press for 2 seconds F (7) key to access to MENU "F" is displayed.
1. Use UP/DN keys (11) on the microphone or turn PUSH knob (5) to select the "MIC TYPE" function.
2. Press PUSH knob (5). The current setting blinks on LCD.
3. Use UP/DN keys (11) on the microphone or turn PUSH knob (5) to select the
type on the microphone EL (électret) or DY (dynamic).
4. New press PUSH knob (5) permits to validate the choice. The setting stops
blinking on LCD. a) Return to point 1 to select another function to set or b)
Press PTT switch (10) to validate and exit MENU.
5. If no key is pressed, the unit exits MENU after 10 seconds or by a new long
press on F (7) key.
Default type of microphone is EL (electret).

David

One of my comrades brought over a ronald to test on my watt meter and this radio was swinging almost 40 watts average no matter where I set the radios rf power it would only adjust the carrier or dead key from as low as 1 watt or 5 watts carrier it would always swing about 38 average.
I asked my comrade what he did to this radio and he replied all he did was remove the audio limiter other then that the radio was bone stock.
Was he just pulling my leg or what?

The president ronald 10/12 meter absolutley has to have the audio limiter removed to wake that radio up from where itsbone stock it will barely have any audio at all even with a power mic of any type.
The Ronald i currently have along with the 2 i previously owned ever since they came out all had to have the limiter removed just to audio at all almost.
The modulation is so restricted in these radios one cannotbe heard with just the stock hand mic but even with a power mic the audio does not increase nor does it clear up any and whenever moremic gain is added along with extra ground straps in all directions itll just squill and be more muffled.
I swear some of these people on here just go on and on about splatter boxes without truly knowing what makes a radio sound like a splatter box doesnt necessarly come from the removal of an audio limiter in most radios but for some radios that already have a shit ton of audio are subject to overmodulate badly when a limiter is removed. While other radios actually need it gone to modulate at all like the ronald.

I turned up the modulation in the service menu on mine. With the microphone level all the way up, that's all it needed. What is the mod to remove the limiter? I will try it just to see how much of a difference it makes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.