• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Progress on Tower & I-10K ....UPDATE: It's up!!

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
I was going to post this in the Station & Mobile pic section but it's not working today for me.

Base
0000523vu2.jpg

0000533yo2.jpg

1800 lbs of Mud
0000535si5.jpg

0000532zh5.jpg

Hi Larry,
the tower project is looking good, but I didn't think you needed it. You always had a fantastic footprint with your station.
I guess this is to help out with the lack of DX. :D

I gotta wonder though...did you mix those 31 bags of concrete by hand? Thats a lot of stirring.

Hi paul,
Yes on "mixing by hand"!! I did have the help of CDX 486 - Doug, but it still took us about hour for the whole thing.

Tuesday I will be pouring MUD for one more hole for Guy Line post, 2 1/2" "I" Beam for it.

Just in case I have a problem with the hand winch, it's ready for attaching my 8000 lb truck winch.
0000546bu3.jpg

Here is one of my casualty from a week ago last Friday. I won't go into how I managed to do it, but lets just say that the rusted old WIRE was tougher than my arm. AS you can see, no stitch's, but that was not smart!!

0000547vb0.jpg

Yes...the wound slowed me up for 3 days. But it's getting better and FL Native I did get the Tetanus shot.

Tower is up and everything went according to plan. The hand winch worked great without a hitch.

It's a pretty dark day today, so I will get some pictures tomorrow.

Good readings on the MFJ:
X=57, R=0 and SWR 1:1

I set everything according to what Steve had told me on the instruction sheet - no tuning required!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.