• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"QRZ"....a den of ego and arrogance.....

I remember the days of CB in the 80's. Channel 11 around San Jose used to have a large clique of 'CB celebrities' (that is what they called themselves-btw) that would have more-nasty-verbage-per-cubic-kHz than any other channel I have ever seen. Every once in awhile, a normal 'good-buddy' CB'er would unknowingly/unwittingly venture in and get their asses handed back to them for lunch. Unless those on 11 knew you, they wouldn't let any 'Christmas CB'er' talk on 'their frequency'. There was a lot of drug sales happening on the freq - too. Even the police and the FCC got involved, and some arrests were made - as well as becoming a 'news item'. Truth! San Jose was really no different from any other American mid/large size city in that era; the same things were happening on different freq's everywhere in the US.

Maybe qrz members attitudes are a carry over of those times that also helped to turn Ham'ers sour on the whole CB thing. They were probably the the ones that 'ventured in' and had to eat that same lunch - imo. Left an unsettled harshness twards CB'ers for this very reason. That is what I think happened - just my two cents. I'm sure it didn't help. Whatever their reasons, they aren't practicing good HF manners themselves as a result, and they condemn rather than be an Elmer. That is my clear observation and my two cents once again.

'Elmer-ing' is a lost practice that NEEDS to come back in full swing - there isn't even room for doubt there. In fact, now that the license restriction have changed, they will have to put up or shut up. Some of them know this, and aren't very happy about it - as far as I can tell anyway. They know - that some of these 'CB celebrities' are now Hams and on qrz.
Truth? Could very well be...
This is one of the finer/better points of WWRF membership; there is a LOT of Elmer-ing here, and it is as relaxed and unabashed as CB itself!
Telling the truth - isn't hard; it's a choice!

Last edited:
But to call most who are contesters the "lowest form of life in the hobby" and end it with "let the attacks commence" is asking for it ! LOL

See.....that's what I mean about them dragging me down to their level.....:D

That was my last dig after being told my substandard license grade didn't qualify me to express an opinion.......

I'm over it.....so what's for dinner.......:drool:

"Chitlins, 'possum, and turnip greens!" Mmmm!
Well, I'm glad tht you're over it - even though it is still happening until there is a rearrangement of the proximity of their own heads to their hindquarters - lol!
When one can adjust and understand, it is easier to deal with the situation at hand and gives you the ability to deal with them at their level.
BTW-You gave up on the Ten-Tech? Saw a guy on qrz selling a Ten-Tech-Omni 7(?) for $550 this morning.

You just cant help it can you ROB!!!

P.S. I know I drink to much!!!
Well, I was trying to funny and loosen up this whole thread a bit.
QRZ is a bunch of...well...I won't say...
Truth is, I rarely take a sip of anything, and maybe only a little -maybe- once or twice a week. Truth!
Since I had a close friend of mine die several years ago - when driving drunk, talking on his CB, and driving off of a collapsed raodway - I just never felt the same about it..

"Chitlins, 'possum, and turnip greens!" Mmmm!

Something tells me that might have been healthier than the dinner I ate.....:blink:

The wife fed me a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, then showed me an article in today's paper about salminella (sp?) tainted peanut butter, then she kept asking me if I felt alright......:confused:

Kinda like being the royal taste tester to the queen, if I wake up tomorrow with no complaints I guess she'll eat some of it.....

Last time I was over there, I didn't see anything on the website but the practice tests. Was wondering if they completely did away with the forum page. Not that I care, they did seem kind of self absorbed and arrogant with people at times. I didn't dare talk too much because I'm not even a ham yet.... Oh well.

HAHAHAHAH Be careful, I think your wife is "out to get you" LOL :LOL:

Something tells me that might have been healthier than the dinner I ate.....:blink:

The wife fed me a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, then showed me an article in today's paper about salminella (sp?) tainted peanut butter, then she kept asking me if I felt alright......:confused:

Kinda like being the royal taste tester to the queen, if I wake up tomorrow with no complaints I guess she'll eat some of it.....

I am not defending here or there, the thing is, when you get ALOT of people on one forum, you get ALOT of different opinions and everyone thinks they have the only correct one.

The big trick is to let some of the shit roll off your shoulder.

I have been "baited" a few times on that forum and lost it, I have been banned there also.

I have been "baited" here a few times as well.

Again, just have to decide how you want to deal with it and if it is REALLY that important?

Here is an example of "choosing your battles"

We all know that Jeep is the best off-road vehicle on the planet, so there is really no reason to argue the point :love:

You have some choices to make in the matter.

You can run the place down here and other places, which is fine, the complaints are valid.

Never go there again, avoid it like the plague.

Or you can let the BS fly right by you and help others that get the bums rush.

I hope that it's obvious I don't care what some curmudgeon with an internet connection thinks about me. His feeble wrath towards my posts can only affect me as much as I let it.

Give that a try.

I am not defending here or there, the thing is, when you get ALOT of people on one forum, you get ALOT of different opinions and everyone thinks they have the only correct one.

The big trick is to let some of the shit roll off your shoulder.

I have been "baited" a few times on that forum and lost it, I have been banned there also.

I have been "baited" here a few times as well.

Again, just have to decide how you want to deal with it and if it is REALLY that important?

Here is an example of "choosing your battles"

Hey Hamer,

Agreed, all been there - done that. But it's not that there is a large membership with the accompanying many different opinions....it's the moderating. They don't treat everyone the same. One person breaks a rule and gets away with it while another (like you or me :angry:) may do the same thing and get punished. Glen at zed has become just like linx at cbrt. I just be hatin' the biased and unequal treatment.

Thanks!

interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.