• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"QRZ"....a den of ego and arrogance.....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
If that place isn't the biggest bunch of self absorbed, arrogant assclowns, I don't know what is......:censored:

Beyond using that site for a few of their more useful items such as practice tests, I don't see much point in trolling that forum and getting aggravated by those pompus jerks.

I was called to task by one of those arrogant jerks because I dared to express an opposing opinion on radio contests, and I'm only a Tech.
In other words, this guy couldn't accept my opinion, or construct an intelligent argument to said opinion, he had to look up my call to see if I qualified on his terms to even express an opinion on the subject.

One good thing did come from the experiance......it confirmed my appreciation for this forum......

if you follow both forums, and have your eyes even half open, it is obvious that "someone" on this forum likes to reword threads from here and then post them on QRZ. :glare:

heck, if you're gonna troll, at least be origional

I was halfway defending the opinion of that cretinous NN3W until he crawled up my butt. If ya'll read the postings you know it to be true.
Just a soapbox for his "ego".
Lex

if you follow both forums, and have your eyes even half open, it is obvious that "someone" on this forum likes to reword threads from here and then post them on QRZ. :glare:

I honestly do not know what you are talking about, and I rarely troll the QRZ forum. If you would please explain what you mean by....

I was halfway defending the opinion of that cretinous NN3W until he crawled up my butt. If ya'll read the postings you know it to be true.
Just a soapbox for his "ego".
Lex

And that would be the very guy I was refering to, he couldn't counter my post without first looking me up and throwing out the fact that I'm still "Just a Tech".....a bunch of arrogant windbags.....

:D:D:D no, that comment was NOT directed at you. but there is another WWRF forum member that does like to "stir the pot" over there.:blink:

when i saw what you had said, i knew that the s*.* was gonna hit the fan over there.

yes, NN3W is a tool (imo). you should have been there for his
no-code/know-code endless moaning sagas.

i rarely post on qrz, i do like to read the Q & A section, i stay away from posting in the opinions/comments threads.
come to think about it, "they" often fire off in the Q & A section too.
don't ever ask for info about a di-pole:eek::w00t::eek::w00t:

Thanks for clearing that up hookedon6, ya had me a little perplexed there for a moment......:redface:

When I first started my journey back into this radio hobby I registered @ QRZ, on my very first post I made the mistake of mentioning that I got a Yaesu VX-170 modded to Tx out of band.
It did not matter to them that I was a full time employed emergency responder, and only wanted this option should I encounter an emergency, it would give me a direct link to either my own Fire Dept, or the U.S. Coast Guard.
I even had some clown that claimed to be a Fire Captain in California tell me I was nobody special, and I didn't have the right to posses such a device, and all this when right in the FCC part 97 it states that in a time of emergency I may infact use any means of radio communication at my disposal.
They got it stuck in their narrow minds that I was going to use this HT as a primary means of "out of band" communication, everything I said to dispell that notion fell on deaf ears, and they continued to hammer me about FCC rules violations, jail time, and equipment confiscations......:blink:
That was my first forray into the world of QRZ, my second was when I dared to question the accuracy of the Holy Bible of Antenna Construction the ARRL Antenna Book who's stated measurements for the 2m J-Pole are off by an inch. I got the..."who do I think I'am to question a book that's been in publication since the 1930's"...response from one or two of the QRZ Storm Troopers......

I'm sure there's a few good apples in that basket, but way too many up tight, and arrogant assclowns for my tastes......

Yeah, why visit a forum where the answers you get aren't the answers you want? :headbang

That may be true for others Bettle, but I'm willing to accept the opposing opinion of others, and agree to dissagree if that be the case, and I'm willing to do it like a gentleman. It's those who feel the need to impose their opinions on others as the word of God, there can be no other thought, feeling or opinion but their own, and with them that is final. It is those people that bring the worst out in me, and I find myself sliding down to their level when I allow myself to get trapped into their senseless arguments.
I also find it disturbing when someone expresses an opinion not favored by some, and those who dissagree find the need to become abusive.

This NN3W character couldn't develope an intelligent response to me without first looking up my call sign, and establishing his license superiority to me, then basicly told me I didn't qualify to express an opinion because I was just a mere Tech with no rights to his precious HF frequencies.
One does not need to be a General or Extra to be rudely thrown off the 10 meter band because he wanted to ragchew during a contest, and any Tech can be a guest operator at the station of a General...(as I have been many times).... and be subjected to a higher level of rudeness on 20, 40, or 80 meter bands during a contest, but that doesn't qualify me in the eyes of the QRZ Storm Troopers....

So my solution....post in the comfort of WWRF, and steer clear of the QRZ forums.....

The zed lost my business a while back too. Moderator Glen is all over making people play nice....or doing nothing....and the place is a whack zoo.

Haha, why do symbols on a piece of plastic bother you guys so much?

LOL

internet-seriousbusiness-microsoft.jpg

Know what my username was when I joined? "CBer". LMAO, I was welcomed with open arms.:LOL:

I have found that discussing anything to do with CB, Contests and Code, the 3 C's, over there brings a few out of the hornets nest. And that happens no matter how diplomatic one tries to be. But to call most who are contesters the "lowest form of life in the hobby" and end it with "let the attacks commence" is asking for it ! LOL :D Emotions run too high over there for me . Some of those armchair Mr. T's act like they're defending the President as secret service men. I had my old "tech" title thrown at me once but I realized they were just trying to get to me as they had nothing substantive to say . But remember that those few there are ready to stomp on those 3 areas and it's like getting caught in a whirlpool when trying to get away from the nonsense. It defiantly is not a place I would make "home" or send a new Ham because those few give a very bad picture of "good will " , the code they are "suppose" to uphold .

Last edited:
I must admit i just checked out that forum. And man those are some unhappy folks over there. Even if you got your start in cb radio they will rip your hide off!! Because they fell you are the lowest form of life there is on radio.I dont think all hams are like that BUT the majority over there sure is..:thumbdown:It's like a giant pissing contest over there...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.