• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quick! Everyone run out and get one before they're gone!!!

I guess I should have specified stranded wire. Outside of radio, romex is the only solid wire I encounter. I don't use crimp connectors on small hookup wire or romex. I did try that western union splice a few times on stranded, and it was a no go.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I guess I should have specified stranded wire. Outside of radio, romex is the only solid wire I encounter. I don't use crimp connectors on small hookup wire or romex. I did try that western union splice a few times on stranded, and it was a no go.
It might take some practice. I use it on small (12 awg and smaller) stranded wire no problem.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
I am struggling to think of a place I could have used this in recent memory. To twist 12 awg wire must take at least an inch bare, if not a little more, then you have to have access with both hands. Plenty of excess wire and plenty of room to work, I dont recall having those luxuries to often.

My wife's Yukon had a bad connector under the drivers seat. Probably had 14 or 16 wires in it. It was all I could do to have one hand under there with the crimper holding the connected and still being able to see anything. Of course I was doing a head stand in the back seat. That is the kind of BS I am lucky enough to work on, never any gravy.

I am struggling to think of a place I could have used this in recent memory. To twist 12 awg wire must take at least an inch bare, if not a little more, then you have to have access with both hands. Plenty of excess wire and plenty of room to work, I dont recall having those luxuries to often.

My wife's Yukon had a bad connector under the drivers seat. Probably had 14 or 16 wires in it. It was all I could do to have one hand under there with the crimper holding the connected and still being able to see anything. Of course I was doing a head stand in the back seat. That is the kind of BS I am lucky enough to work on, never any gravy.
Lol I know what you mean about that gravy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.