• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rabbid Base Station

Rabbid Possum

Jul 26, 2021
Tennessee
I still have to put it all together, and buy a few last things, but wanted to go ahead and start this post so once I get it complete all I have to do is add pictures.

Was gifted a Uniden 980 as well as a I believe its called a ProComm antenna. Will be using my dog kennel to mount the fiberglass antenna too.

Also have a Rm Italy KL203P Amp to throw on as well. Also have a Yaesu FT891 I will be adding as well, currently studying and hoping to get my ham ticket soon.

Hoping to having most put together on my test few days off, which will be Monday and Tuesday

I see the sickness is settling in nicely with you. Have fun.

891 is a great radio, excellent receiver. You will enjoy it base or mobile. It's easy to mod for 11M SSB fun but good call on pursuing your amateur license, you'll get even more out of it.

I see the sickness is settling in nicely with you. Have fun.

891 is a great radio, excellent receiver. You will enjoy it base or mobile. It's easy to mod for 11M SSB fun but good call on pursuing your amateur license, you'll get even more out of it.
I have wanted to get my ham license for a while now. I have 3 HF rigs and a couple 2m / 70cm dual band mobiles along with HTs. Just never have had the time to continue studying and be able to take the test.

Alright, you definitely got the bug and it's great to see another succumb to our addiction lol. It's a fun hobby so expect your tastes to evolve and before you know it you'll find yourself dabbling into more and more. The 980ssb was the gateway!
I have wanted to get my ham license for a while now. I have 3 HF rigs and a couple 2m / 70cm dual band mobiles along with HTs. Just never have had the time to continue studying and be able to take the test.

Alright, you definitely got the bug and it's great to see another succumb to our addiction lol. It's a fun hobby so expect your tastes to evolve and before you know it you'll find yourself dabbling into more and more. The 980ssb was the gateway!

I have always had the radio bug. Then April 2011 I realized how important emergency communications was when my town was hit by a tornado. At that time, I was just a volunteer firefighter and we had lost all of our communications. Ever since that day, I have been big into emergency communications. I am currently over the mobile command trailer for my police department now.

I have always had the radio bug. Then April 2011 I realized how important emergency communications was when my town was hit by a tornado. At that time, I was just a volunteer firefighter and we had lost all of our communications. Ever since that day, I have been big into emergency communications. I am currently over the mobile command trailer for my police department now.
The mobile command center needs a cb and 102 inch whip to monitor ch9. I bet you could fix them up.

:whistle:

Well work has decided to share some COVID money with its employees for the hours we worked in Jan and Feb this year. Looks like I just some radio money. Believe I am going to purchase a Ranger 2970N4 to use as my base. Stay tuned and this project just took a better turn! Hope to be chatting with ya on the air waves from my base very soon!

Well work has decided to share some COVID money with its employees for the hours we worked in Jan and Feb this year. Looks like I just some radio money. Believe I am going to purchase a Ranger 2970N4 to use as my base. Stay tuned and this project just took a better turn! Hope to be chatting with ya on the air waves from my base very soon!
Heck yeah that's great. I work for a worldwide conglomerate and instead of sharing any money they gave us stock shares that are slowly shrinking.... Go figure... and you can't pull them in cash until they're vested in 2024 hahaa...

But it's good to hear someone's hard work paying off and a company recognized it enough to credit the employees. Buy the radios while you can my friend!

Heck yeah that's great. I work for a worldwide conglomerate and instead of sharing any money they gave us stock shares that are slowly shrinking.... Go figure... and you can't pull them in cash until they're vested in 2024 hahaa...

But it's good to hear someone's hard work paying off and a company recognized it enough to credit the employees. Buy the radios while you can my friend!
Wish I could actually give credit to a company doing that, but I work for local government

Slowly making progress. Got this delivered today now just waiting for antenna. In the process of moving my radio room, so had to settle with using the kitchen counter to see it powered upWill post complete set up pictures when done.
20220326_150540.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated