• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Financing

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
do radio company's or stores do financing? for example you want a new TS-2000 or FT2000, or go big go home scenario a FT9000 (11grand ouch)!
<proof> sign your life away if you miss a payment we chop a finger or take your child.:laugh:

Yeah, in spite of the fact that some radios can be as expensive a car, I've never heard of a dealer that will let you pay for one on an installment plan like a car. :(

Can't blame you for asking though. The FT-9000 rigs are really shiny.

-Bill

Universal Radio in Reynoldsburg Ohio offers lay-away on new gear.

Universal Radio shortwave, amateur, scanner and CB radio since 1942

LAY-AWAY: Universal offers a convenient layaway plan. To place any new item in layaway for up to sixty days, a 33% deposit is required. 33% more is required at 30 days. The balance is required at 60 days (or sooner). The item will be shipped after full payment. There are no service or interest charges. Lay-aways must be arranged by phone, letter or store visit. Lay-aways cannot be currently arranged on-line.

Universal Radio Company Policies

LOL...no, but banks do or put it on a credit card! Which I don't use anymore. I wait until I can pay cash.

You'd be surprised how many expensive things you can live without when you practice this technique.

And the benefit has been an excellent credit rating, nice radios no debt!!!

True. I just bought a radio I could afford I don't own credit cards and never will. Later on down the road when I have the money I can appreceate a new radio that's new technology.

@IMD262 Layways suck.

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

Last edited:
I thought Ten-Tec offered some type of financing? have to check out their site again to see. but no way I can afford one of those either

What I have been able to do over the years is to accumulate a large enough pile of medium priced items bought at a decent price and fix them up and sell them for a profit even if it was only a small profit. Then take that money and put it into the buy a new radio account. After a while you will be surprised what you can buy with your saved money. I have a Kenwood TS-2000, Kenwood TS-590S and Drake TR4 to show for my efforts and not one cent went on a credit card of borrowed money and I am retired and on disability so I know it works. My latest edition is a LDG 600 watt auto-tuner which I bought after buying a tube tester on Ebay that didn't work and replaced 3 capacitors and a couple of resistors that went beyond spec.

do radio company's or stores do financing? for example you want a new TS-2000 or FT2000, or go big go home scenario a FT9000 (11grand ouch)!
<proof> sign your life away if you miss a payment we chop a finger or take your child.:laugh:
Actually I just set up financing through affirm during checkout on my store at blitzradios.com any order over $50 can be financed. For access to our amp section use BlitRadios2021!! Obviously there is interest associated with this but in most cases its a few bucks and thats why we went with affirm.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated