• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RADIO SHACK HTX 10

yup it was the Midland 79-290 I had one and should have never sold it I cant even remember who bought it from me

Those are great radios!! I am gonna get another one if I can find one in good shape. Mine was brandnew I dont know why the hell I sold it :unsure::confused:

Well thats why the guy does not want them anymore hes had them sitting in a closet for a year now he bought them on a closeout at a local radio shack and then said he isnt going to mess with them and he knew that at present I my wife and 2 of my teenage kids are licensed Amateur operators so we may get use out of them.

I was thinking about it but then was wondering if these could be opened for M.A.R.S. frequency expansion but its not looking to good as far as that goes.
Tony did you ever find the mod for the htx10? The boards are exact the same in the titan ll rpsy 485 & the htx10. The others are little differences. The chips are the same Lc72322n. I’ve had a new htx10 boxed for years to mod. Date on it is 09-99. Thanks mike

TonyV225
Last seen

Apr 13, 2017
I am not sure what happened to Tony, I have e mailed him in the past and it gets bounced back as invalid e mail.
Good luck finding a simple mod for this radio, a lot of them got closed out from the shack for $80 bucks when the quit making them.
If you find a way, let us know, people have been trying for years.

Jeff

a lot of them got closed out from the shack for $80 bucks when the quit making them.
I bought 4 NIB for 49.99 each at closeout...Ended up giving them to new hams after testing session...got them on the air. Why I laugh and sad at same time when I see someone selling a USED one for $100. o_O :censored:

PS: I bought 3/ HTX-100's for $40.00 each when they closed out...same deal gave them away...

I bought 4 NIB for 49.99 each at closeout...Ended up giving them to new hams after testing session...got them on the air. Why I laugh and sad at same time when I see someone selling a USED one for $100. o_O :censored:

PS: I bought 3/ HTX-100's for $40.00 each when they closed out...same deal gave them away...
I bought a HTX 100 when the closed them out and it was a great radio, the RX was better than my 2510 or 2600.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated