• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioactive Wack Pack Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
New man has 3 posts. Guess what all 3 deal with? :whistle:

Well what else would you want me to talk about I don't have any radios from any of the others, so yes genius that's all I have to talk about.... And to the rest how can any of you talk about what I have I've told you what I have and have had no issues with it, so to make such comments about a radio that you have no clue about is a bit childish and uncalled for.... I am not saying everything he does is great and I am not saying he's not a hack!!! I am simply telling you what I have and what it does.... If it was distorted and "hacked" up don't you think someone in 2-3 years would have said just how awful it is????? Nothing but great responses from everyone

Well what else would you want me to talk about I don't have any radios from any of the others, so yes genius that's all I have to talk about.... And to the rest how can any of you talk about what I have I've told you what I have and have had no issues with it, so to make such comments about a radio that you have no clue about is a bit childish and uncalled for.... I am not saying everything he does is great and I am not saying he's not a hack!!! I am simply telling you what I have and what it does.... If it was distorted and "hacked" up don't you think someone in 2-3 years would have said just how awful it is????? Nothing but great responses from everyone

we are not talking about you or your radio. the comments are towards the guys work which in most cases are very subpar to say the very least.

if your radio is not one of those then concider yourself blessed. the fact that you only had 3 postings till now and all praising him kinda puts a target on your back as a troll and i am sure you can see that if you step back a second.

relax, understand why we say what we do, it has nothing to do with you personally.

Were not attacking you, although it may seem that way. The vendor you bought your radio from is well known for hack jobs. Break the warranty seal on your radio and take a gander, you will be depressed looking at his work.

You are correct, I was a bit out of line.
Please accept my most humble apologies and carry on.

Don't worry about it, Bigfoot. Everybody has to start out somewhere with something. You will find out what they mean by that.

Give you a quick idea here . . .
You use AM mode most of all - right? Most shops take this into account when you want/ask them to 'soup it up' and 'peak and tune'. Sooo, what they mostly do is cut out the AM Limiter transistor - this allows the % of modulation to go well above 100%. Next thing they may do, is put a cap/resistor on the board to lower the dead key down to about 1 watt or so. This mod will also allow a fuller swing from almost no power to full power from the output transistors. They also may disable the 54mhz trap circuit so that Dosy meter says you are doing even more watts. Sure sounds great on AM and everyone will think that you are the Big Kahuna. You probably are.

Now; these shops don't tell you what has happened to everybody else's radio now that you key up there, Big Kahuna. Removing that AM limiter has allowed your radio to have more than 100% modulation; it has also caused you to bleed over above and below the channel you are transmitting on. It will even end up on frequencies that aren't even on the CB band - like the 15m Ham band. The 54mhz trap that was disabled has now also allowed the 2nd harmonic of 27.<whatever> to transmit on the 6m Ham band. Man, are you making friends fast!

There is no such thing as having more than 100% of anything, by definition. So; what has happened to all of that extra modulation? It has extended itself beyond the limits of the freq you are talking on. It has moved quite a bit above and below the channel you think you are talking on. It has also turned into distortion. These IMD distortions and 2nd harmonics have also wasted the usable space that the radio's output transistor can use. Meaning, that the transistor is actually putting out less power on ch.6 - or wherever. It is busy wasting whatever amp power you may be using too - for all of the very same reasons. That amp and radio are now spreading out and talking everywhere - and on many frequencies.

The bad news . . .

But they don't tell you these things when you plop your money down. You want what Joe Blow has; because you want to do what he can too.

There was a guy in Alaska that recently was in the news. He ran an AM radio that was so modified as your is. He made the news because he was interfering with military aircraft in the N.Atlantic from Alaska on ch.6. His radio was transmitting a spurious signal on 21.964mhz! He was also using just 200 watts too.

The FCC tend to pay people a visit when interference gets in our military faces. Using a radio that probably had all of the same mods that yours had done at your friendly SWP shop. You will be making 'friends' with Hams too. They tend to get a bit irate when your radio is giving all kinds of spurious signals on their bands. Don't worry; they may already know who you are and where you live. The 'Men in Black/FCC' might also start calling you by your first name too!

You are new to radio.
But now you know what is going on, what it is you have, and what can happen.
Hope this was helpful!

Last edited:
Reactions: NZ8N and SmackDown
Were not attacking you, although it may seem that way. The vendor you bought your radio from is well known for hack jobs. Break the warranty seal on your radio and take a gander, you will be depressed looking at his work.

I did open it but I haven't a clue what I am looking at lol I am not a cb pro I just know how to use them ;) I did take pics of it not sure how to upload them since I am on my phone... I have bought from these rd side shops to only be pissed off when I realized I had a pos and I also had my last radio stolen out of my truck (thank god it was a pos) 3400hp so I got to looking and well he was the top dog on google so I went with him and yes he talks a very very very good game... I just recently got a Dave made 1x4 and a predator 10k with stud and 2 jumpers for 475 which I thought was a great price... But when hooking it all up I dropped the radio out of the truck and messed something up so I just sent it back a week ago so I guess we'll see what happens

Don't worry about it, Bigfoot. Everybody has to start out somewhere with something. You will find out what they mean by that.

Give you a quick idea here . . .
You use AM mode most of all - right? Most shops take this into account when you want/ask them to 'soup it up' and 'peak and tune'. Sooo, what they mostly do is cut out the AM Limiter transistor - this allows the % of modulation to go well above 100%. Next thing they may do, is put a cap/resistor on the board to lower the dead key down to about 1 watt or so. This mod will also allow a fuller swing from almost no power to full power from the output transistors. They also may disable the 54mhz trap circuit so that Dosy meter says you are doing even more watts. Sure sounds great on AM and everyone will think that you are the Big Kahuna. You probably are.

Now; these shops don't tell you what has happened to everybody else's radio now that you key up there, Big Kahuna. Removing that AM limiter has allowed you radio to have more than 100% modulation; it has also caused you to bleed over above and below the channel you are transmitting on. It will even end up on frequencies that aren't even on the CB band - like the 15m Ham band. The 54mhz trap that was disabled has now also allowed the 2nd harmonic of 27.<whatever> to transmit on the 6m Ham band. Man, are you making friends fast!

There is no such thing as have more than 100 of anything. By definition, you can only have 100% of anything. So; what has happened to all of that extra modulation? It has extended itself beyond the limits of the freq you are talking on. It has moved quite a bit above and below the channel you think you are talking on. It has also turned into distortion. These IMD distortions and 2nd harmonics have also wasted the usable space that the radio's output transistor can use. Meaning, that the transistor is actually putting out less power on ch.6 - or wherever. it is busy wasting whatever amp you may be using too - for all of the very same reasons. That amp and radio are now spreading out and talking everywhere - and on many frequencies.

The bad news . . .

But they don't tell you these things when you plop your money down. You want what Joe Blow has; because you want to do what he can too.

There was a guy in Alaska that recently was in the news. He ran an AM radio that was so modified as your is. He made the news because he was interfering with military aircraft in the N.Atlantic. He was also using just 200 watts too.

The FCC tend to pay people a visit when interference gets in our military faces. Using a radio that probably had all of the same mods that yours had done at your friendly SWP shop. You will be making 'friends' with Hams too. They tend to get a bit irate when your radio is giving all kinds of spurious signals on their bands. Don't worry; they may already know who you are and where you live. The 'Men in Black/FCC' might also start calling you by your first name too!

You are new to radio.
But now you know what is going on, what it is you have, and what can happen.
Hope this was helpful!
I don't know you maybe right but like I said I've never ever heard one bad thing about the radio from anyone and I am sure running a modded radio on a amp is well against FCC rules right

well I to fell for the supper hack crap that radiohactive is selling. I bought a general lee when his shop was in Oregon. It was hands down a splatter box. And that super receive is just another smoke show. Bozo and Michael do a great job pulling the wool over newbies. It sure worked on me.

Then I started to really research on my own. One thing i learned is every message board has there favorite shops. A lot of message boards push there sponsored shops. But the most common thing is they almost all think radiohactive is just that a total hack.

I know it sucks to think you found the golden screwdriver and you think you have the baddest radio out there but the fact is you are another victim and your radio is shit.

I chalk it up to live and learn. I am a lot more careful when choosing a shop. And a bit more skeptical when big clams are made about tune ups.

For me it my whole radiohactive experience forced me to educate myself a little bit about this hobby so in a way radiohactive helped me out.

Sorry you got took, Google radiohactive and you will learn everything you need to know...;):pop:

well I to fell for the supper hack crap that radiohactive is selling. I bought a general lee when his shop was in Oregon. It was hands down a splatter box. And that super receive is just another smoke show. Bozo and Michael do a great job pulling the wool over newbies. It sure worked on me.

Then I started to really research on my own. One thing i learned is every message board has there favorite shops. A lot of message boards push there sponsored shops. But the most common thing is they almost all think radiohactive is just that a total hack.

I know it sucks to think you found the golden screwdriver and you think you have the baddest radio out there but the fact is you are another victim and your radio is shit.

I chalk it up to live and learn. I am a lot more careful when choosing a shop. And a bit more skeptical when big clams are made about tune ups.

For me it my whole radiohactive experience forced me to educate myself a little bit about this hobby so in a way radiohactive helped me out.

Sorry you got took, Google radiohactive and you will learn everything you need to know...;):pop:
Smh well for one thing making comments about a radio you've never seen or heard is a bit foolish.... It's no different than cars you got a dodge truck I got a dodge truck yours was pos lemon mine wasn't... You paid out hole I didn't... I like what I have and you didn't.... So does that mean all dodge truck are trash????? I mean damn I just don't get it it's like your telling me that my tire is flat while never seeing the tire and I am standing right here looking at it and it's fine.... Or like your telling me that it's raining outside and I am standing in the sun..... Maybe if you were to read what I have said without bias it might would sink in idk

OK guys lets stay cool here, One of you got a good one and one of you got a bad one, you got to say what your your experience was with the shops radio.
No need to start throwing rocks at each other.
Plenty of stuff to talk about in the forum with out arguing about this subject.
Thanks.

Jeff

awwwww daaaaaad! you always take our fun away!!!:censored:

lmao(y)

Reactions: NZ8N
Smh well for one thing making comments about a radio you've never seen or heard is a bit foolish.... It's no different than cars you got a dodge truck I got a dodge truck yours was pos lemon mine wasn't... You paid out hole I didn't... I like what I have and you didn't.... So does that mean all dodge truck are trash????? I mean damn I just don't get it it's like your telling me that my tire is flat while never seeing the tire and I am standing right here looking at it and it's fine.... Or like your telling me that it's raining outside and I am standing in the sun..... Maybe if you were to read what I have said without bias it might would sink in idk

I did not mean to offend you in any way. i just wanted to share my experience so maybe you would do some research on your own. If you like your radio than that is all that matters. (y) & 73's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.