• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioactive Wack Pack Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since You are so eager to start another never ending Post, I'll help you get started: You asked what is The Baddest Radio Out there ??? You couldn't afford It !!!

Icom/Kenwood/Yeasu. Enough Said !!!

that's mean... {Cry_river}

i think he ment under say....$4-500

That is part of the tragedy here; isn't it?

Guys buy these SWP'd radios at a really high price - only to discover they could have bought a real (Ham) radio for the same amount of money. Like a Yaesu FT-101E with the AM filter in it on eBay for $500-$600 or less.

Tragic - huh?

Since You are so eager to start another never ending Post, I'll help you get started: You asked what is The Baddest Radio Out there ??? You couldn't afford It !!!

Icom/Kenwood/Yeasu. Enough Said !!!

Hahahahahaha this coming from a guy or girl whatever ya are that calls him self double nickel lmao smh hell man my damn phone cost more than that bs you talkin on fool...but I tell ya y'all have got to be the most smartest people ever to be able to tell me what I have with out ever seeing it and to be able to tell me what I can cannot afford is awesome brother y'all might need to get on a tv show man!!! Hell yall would bet swamp people in the ratings smh

Hahahahahaha this coming from a guy or girl whatever ya are that calls him self double nickel lmao smh hell man my damn phone cost more than that bs you talkin on fool...but I tell ya y'all have got to be the most smartest people ever to be able to tell me what I have with out ever seeing it and to be able to tell me what I can cannot afford is awesome brother y'all might need to get on a tv show man!!! Hell yall would bet swamp people in the ratings smh

You asked the question; but you don't like the answers.
Can't help that . . .

You asked the question; but you don't like the answers.
Can't help that . . .

Hmmm help me out a min when did I ask if I could afford them and when did I ask about a ham radio??????? I have not to my knowledge asked about a base station or anything in the shape or form what asked for if y'all would READ is the biggest badest radio that hooks to factory wiring in a truck please correct me if I am wrong

as said earlier today...... you can't fix stupid...<gotproof>

Hmmm help me out a min when did I ask if I could afford them and when did I ask about a ham radio??????? I have not to my knowledge asked about a base station or anything in the shape or form what asked for if y'all would READ is the biggest badest radio that hooks to factory wiring in a truck please correct me if I am wrong

OK for a mobile/truck. Fine. Still isn't the SWP'd radio.

I would say probably a Galaxy 98VHP or 95T2 that has been properly aligned. They would have a much cleaner output too/AB Class amp.

A Galaxy 959 with a Texas Star DX-500/AB Class amp

Also, a lot of drivers like to use a Connex radio with a Texas Star DX-500/AB Class amp.

I know one driver that uses a RCI-63FFC4. Works as well on SSB as it does on AM with four 2879 transistors built in AB Class amp configuration. Best I've heard from a trucker. And no; it wasn't SWP'd either. He knows better than that! But he has also been driving for many years too.

Time for your wake up call.
We will see how long your SWP'd radio lasts - or doesn't last.
We won't tell you 'I told you so' either . . .

This thread is getting off topic and is destined to die shortly if it keeps going down this path.

Jeff

I would say probably a Galaxy 98VHP or 95T2 that has been properly aligned. They would have a much cleaner output too/AB Class amp.

Also, a lot of drivers like to use a Connex radio with a Texas Star DX-500/AB Class amp.

I know one driver that uses a RCI-63FFC4. Works as well on SSB as it does on AM with four 2879 transistors built in AB Class amp configuration. Best I've heard from a trucker. And no; it wasn't SWP'd either. He knows better than that! But he has also been driving for many years too.

You can't hook them up to factory wiring you have to run straight to the battery but I've read where the 98 has a lot of problems

Time for your wake up call.
And the I told you so really doesn't matter radio is 2-3years old now looking to buy another to replace it now I generally buy a new radio about every3 years

And the I told you so really doesn't matter radio is 2-3years old now looking to buy another to replace it now I generally buy a new radio about every3 years
You are one of the lucky ones then. Their track record is appalling. Many shops have to undo what the SWPers have done when repairing them. Ask around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?